Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

How to remove microsoft repo

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
xedni

How to remove microsoft repo

#1 Post by xedni »

I'm trying to remove a microsoft repo but I've not been able to do it, either via the terminal or through the software sources dialog. Could somebody kindly advise as to how to remove it please?

The offender is: https://packages.microsoft.com/repos/ms-teams stable InRelease

The terminal command I used was: sudo add-apt-repository --remove https://packages.microsoft.com/repos/ms-teams

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: How to remove microsoft repo

#2 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

Find the offending file with

Code: Select all

grep -v '^$\|^#' /etc/apt/sources.list{,.d/*}
Then remove the file or comment out the repository line(s) and update your sources.

Be sure to also remove the Teams package itself, it might install a cron job to replace the source if it is deleted just like Google's Chome .deb package does.
deadbang

xedni

Re: How to remove microsoft repo

#3 Post by xedni »

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:Find the offending file with

Code: Select all

grep -v '^$\|^#' /etc/apt/sources.list{,.d/*}
Then remove the file or comment out the repository line(s) and update your sources.

Be sure to also remove the Teams package itself, it might install a cron job to replace the source if it is deleted just like Google's Chome .deb package does.
Cool, thank you very much.