Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Sharing Internet across WAN

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
rkrisher

Sharing Internet across WAN

#1 Post by rkrisher »

Can anyone help on this?

I have searched around for Using one Debian server as an internet source for other Debian servers on other subnets on the WAN but they don't exactly fit what I am trying to do. In most cases the internet is considered the WAN and the shared to network is the LAN. I am familiar with BASIC networking but not knowledgeable enough to do what I need unless I was using windows.

My WAN serves our 9-1-1 network so it is closed off to the internet as much as possible. Internet access can only be on an as needed basis. I have internet access to a ethernet port on the Debian server at our main datacenter. I can enable the port as needed to do my updates or get other software from the internet. I do not have internet access at my 9-1-1 locations to tap into. I need to be able to occasionally run updates and spot web access (in the field). I was looking into a VPN type setup where my remote locations could VPN into my host in the Data Center and get shared internet access when I have the Internet port enabled. I do not want persistent internet connections from my remote locations. I have tried using GADMIN suite but jacked up my Internet server WAN settings. My WAN is similar to this fake network: Each location is 10.200.xxx.100 where xxx is the local subnets off the WAN and 100 is the Debian server that needs internet from the one in the Data Center.

ruwolf

Re: Sharing Internet across WAN

#2 Post by ruwolf »

I am not sure, that I understand, what exactly do you want.

Can you do it in Microsoft Windows? Can you describe how, here?

andre@home

#3 Post by andre@home »

Post a drawing of what you really want to achieve, compared with another drawing what you have now.

p.H
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#4 Post by p.H »

The original post is more than two months old, not sure that the poster is still expecting a reply.