Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

THIS is sad, I needed Windows 10!!

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
bester69

THIS is sad, I needed Windows 10!!

#1 Post by bester69 »

Hi,

I had a windows 10 installed in another partition, because i suspected eventually i was gonna need it.. and I was right.... until now I only needed a virtual window XP in order to make quality prints and scans.. with my Canon MP160 Multfuntion, cos thoutht debian can scan and print, it has some issues with sheet for printing..and cant get same quality results..but It was not much trouble..a virtual XP waste litle disk space... but last week I needed to use my card identification reader, plus a certificated java oracle browser.. and it wasnt able to commit with succest operation digital signature...

First thing, I had to go to debian snapshots in order to restore a firefox certificated version to operate with java oracle (firefox 52 esr).. but it didnt worked it... later i realised or read that only 32 bits system is certificated to keep using oracle java with firefox 52 esr.... then later, i downladed intructions pdf from adminsitration to commit signature.. and saw linux was marked in red for all browsert.. only Mac and Windows were in green... I spent around three hours figthing to commit signature.. finally I gave up, rebooted in windows and in five minits i had it done... very sad!! :(

here, you can see
Important issues to consider
(1) In Firefox and Chrome, the user must accept the download of the JNLP and later
run the downloaded file by clicking on the item shown in the
downloads (bottom of window).
(2) In Safari for Mac, when the JNLP is downloaded it does not show the user any warning
so that it can execute it. The user must open the download window and run the
Last JNLP to be downloaded.
(3) In the case of Linux, it has not worked with any of the usual versions, nor for 64
bits nor for 32 bits.

For more detailed information on browser settings you can consult
the configuration manuals for browsers published at the Social Security headquarters
in the following link of technical requirements:
http://run.gob.es/bciqer
[/size]
Linux were able to download the jnlp (java file), then were able to run it.. but in the java machine certificates screen wasnt able to load the identification certificates, so couldnt commit signature
Imagemale names meaning protector
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...

LE_746F6D617A7A69

Re: THIS is sad, I needed Windows 10!!

#2 Post by LE_746F6D617A7A69 »

It seems to be a problem with opnjdk-11, this may be helpful:
https://askubuntu.com/questions/1134881 ... openjdk-11
Bill Gates: "(...) In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and I fished out listings of their operating system."
The_full_story and Nothing_have_changed

bester69

#3 Post by bester69 »

LE_746F6D617A7A69 wrote:It seems to be a problem with opnjdk-11, this may be helpful:
https://askubuntu.com/questions/1134881 ... openjdk-11
see, thats why we cant trust all to linux :? .. Im sure it like most of time, it can be fixed somehow.. anyways, even public developers administration say, they werent able to make it work in linux 64, neither in linux 32 bits....
And, I removed openjdk and icedtea in order to install oracle-jre.. i really dont know if openjdk can replace oracle java, becouse normally you need to be certificated to make it work..and they only offers you and oracle java certication... perhaps If i would use icedtea would have work.. who knows.. this things make linux awfull for a regular user and non expert one. :(
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...

LE_746F6D617A7A69

#4 Post by LE_746F6D617A7A69 »

I don't know Spanish, but uncle Google says that "Gobierno de Espania" means "Government of Spain" - so this is an official government website.
Isn't that institutions of public interest should use open and up-to-date standards?

I can use all the government web services, including paying taxes online without problems - using default openjdk-11 from Debian.
So, I would say that Your problem is just a special case - outdated / broken-standard website.

Anyway, it's strange -> maybe You should try to report a bug to the that web-page admins? :D
Bill Gates: "(...) In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and I fished out listings of their operating system."

bester69

#5 Post by bester69 »

LE_746F6D617A7A69 wrote:I don't know Spanish, but uncle Google says that "Gobierno de Espania" means "Government of Spain" - so this is an official government website.
Isn't that institutions of public interest should use open and up-to-date standards?

I can use all the government web services, including paying taxes online without problems - using default openjdk-11 from Debian.
So, I would say that Your problem is just a special case - outdated / broken-standard website.

Anyway, it's strange -> maybe You should try to report a bug to the that web-page admins? :D
Yes, I also can use most government web services with (linux +java + firefox), and pay for taxes or fines.. but sometimes, like this case you cant't..

This is a recently application deployed for economical help becouse of coronavirus ..
They know the linux problem, its posted in their data sheet specifications instructions.. read the quoted point 3 , that text i grabbed from documentation manual pdf.. and they wont fix it.

kedaha

#6 Post by kedaha »

Hi,
It looks bad that an outdated version of Firefox with potential vulnerabilities is required with Windows to use that electronic standardized signature system. Obviously their systems administrator is behind the times.
What about Chrome under Wine?
DebianStable

Code: Select all

$ vrms

No non-free or contrib packages installed on debian!  rms would be proud.

bester69

#7 Post by bester69 »

kedaha wrote:Hi,
It looks bad that an outdated version of Firefox with potential vulnerabilities is required with Windows to use that electronic standardized signature system. Obviously their systems administrator is behind the times.
What about Chrome under Wine?
It doesnt matter anymore, I used windows 10..thought I never use it i have it installed in another partition just in case, like it was this case..

By the way, How is gonna be from now on that oracle java dropped linux support... theses systems usually requires of using oracle java to be certificated... I guess we will have to work with openjdk and assume sometimes wont be able to commit the operation... do you know about this? :?:

LE_746F6D617A7A69

#8 Post by LE_746F6D617A7A69 »

bester69 wrote:How is gonna be from now on that oracle java dropped linux support...
They can't drop Java support for Linux, because all of their systems are running Linux ;)
Where did You get that information?

The situation is rather opposite -> it seems that they are moving to OpenJDK, f.e. starting from OpenJDK-10 they've added Root CA Certificates:
The Certificate Authorities in question were required to sign an agreement granting Oracle the right to open-source their certificates.
If You really don't want to use WINE, You can install Win10 in the QEMU:
https://getlabsdone.com/10-easy-steps-t ... linux-kvm/
Thanks to this, You won't need to dual-boot.

And don't forget to disable win10 spamming and spying functionalities:
https://www.securilla.com/privacy-repairer
... at least some of them ...

bester69

#9 Post by bester69 »

LE_746F6D617A7A69 wrote:
bester69 wrote:How is gonna be from now on that oracle java dropped linux support...
They can't drop Java support for Linux, because all of their systems are running Linux ;)
Where did You get that information?

The situation is rather opposite -> it seems that they are moving to OpenJDK, f.e. starting from OpenJDK-10 they've added Root CA Certificates:
The Certificate Authorities in question were required to sign an agreement granting Oracle the right to open-source their certificates.
If You really don't want to use WINE, You can install Win10 in the QEMU:
https://getlabsdone.com/10-easy-steps-t ... linux-kvm/
Thanks to this, You won't need to dual-boot.

And don't forget to disable win10 spamming and spying functionalities:
https://www.securilla.com/privacy-repairer
... at least some of them ...
I think i get lost a lot with this..

here, they say, Firefox no longer provides NPAPI support (technology required for Java applets)... and firefox seems to be only linux browser that support jdk, and only in 32 bits, and with an old firefox version...
How are you going to use wine browser if you would need to install also java in that same wine.. (I dont understand what you mean).. and public certificates are installed with debian ... And system/broser needs card reader identification device, so I dont see it can be using wine..

LE_746F6D617A7A69

#10 Post by LE_746F6D617A7A69 »

WINE: Yeah, I've rethinked this, and I agree that it would be rather complicated solution.

Regarding NPAPI problem: Yes You're right that it can be a problem, but definitely not a critical one - 99.99% of web services using Java will work with OpenJDK. It just happened to You, that some stupid programmer have created a website which is non-conformant to current standards.

Here is a very good explanation of the differences between Oracle Java and OpenJDK:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/472 ... se-openjdk
In general OpenJDK is 100% compatible with Oracle Java, excluding few paid features.

Regarding special identification devices (hardware tokens): You have to use Windows or MAC, because simply there are no drivers for Linux.
But, I've seen such device only once in My life (I can't remember was it Sweden or Norway?) - AFAIN they are no longer used/deprecated, because they were easy to hack, and on the other hand, they were not very reliable - causing problems with accessing the bank account.

bester69

#11 Post by bester69 »

LE_746F6D617A7A69 wrote:WINE: Yeah, I've rethinked this, and I agree that it would be rather complicated solution.

Regarding NPAPI problem: Yes You're right that it can be a problem, but definitely not a critical one - 99.99% of web services using Java will work with OpenJDK. It just happened to You, that some stupid programmer have created a website which is non-conformant to current standards.

Here is a very good explanation of the differences between Oracle Java and OpenJDK:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/472 ... se-openjdk
In general OpenJDK is 100% compatible with Oracle Java, excluding few paid features.

Regarding special identification devices (hardware tokens): You have to use Windows or MAC, because simply there are no drivers for Linux.
But, I've seen such device only once in My life (I can't remember was it Sweden or Norway?) - AFAIN they are no longer used/deprecated, because they were easy to hack, and on the other hand, they were not very reliable - causing problems with accessing the bank account.
Hi,

I bought a cheap smart card reader idetification with suppor for linux, five years ago, and still is working ver well... linux debian detect it
If you're interested this is what i bought for just 11€ (think its available in amazon)
https://woxter.es/esp/es/lectores-de-dn ... 08814.html

Ive been doing some tests, and finally I think I achieved to work with linux (still not comitted the signature)... it just wasnt able to pick the Identification certification in the javaws screen of signature with firefox52, I tried with last esr version (69), and the java screen was able to find the ID certificacion asking for password smart car ID reader, and load the certification ready for signature..

The problem was with the Firefox Intelligent Store Cards, that didnt pick the certification in version 52.. by the way, do you know how to do in chrome to shows up Store intelligent card button, such as with firefox.. becouse.. in chrome doesnt shows that option.. and I dont know how to make to load a file certification (second checkbox below), becouse I dont know how to extract the ID certification files out of the smart card, in case that is possible, tried to export them using the browser, but thoses files doesnt seem to be what system expect to be loaded.. :?

LE_746F6D617A7A69

#12 Post by LE_746F6D617A7A69 »

bester69 wrote:do you know how to do in chrome to shows up Store intelligent card button
There's a smart card connector plugin for chrome:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... iifgpfgdco