Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

No cut and past in terminal

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
Haines

No cut and past in terminal

#1 Post by Haines »

I'm running fluxbox without a DE. I was using cut and past in an mlterm terminal last evening, but this morning it no longer works. I normally do select with a mouse sweep and a past with middle button.

The problem for both root and user. The problem also with eterm, but not with GUI applications such as emacs.

Oddly I cannot start xterm. A process starts, but nothing shows up. I don't know if this related to the cut and past problem. In any case I did # dpkg-reconfigure server-xorg. This may be an old problem
until now unnoticed, because I never use xterm. No (EE) errors in /var/log/Xorg.0.log. Doing # xsel -cp && xsel -cs && xsel -cb did not help.
-
The problem affects root as well as user. I can select text in a terminal and do Ctl-Shift-v. Then when I start xclipboard the copyed text shows up. However I cannot past it into a terminal or into a GUI application.

stevepusser

Re: No cut and past in terminal

#2 Post by stevepusser »

Almost impossible to diagnose. Maybe you could install inxi and let us look at the result of "inxi -r" in case it's bad repos. You can redirect the output to a text file, since you can get it out of the terminal

Code: Select all

inxi -r > output.txt
MX Linux packager and developer

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: No cut and past in terminal

#3 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

Haines wrote:Oddly I cannot start xterm. A process starts, but nothing shows up.
What if you try to start xterm from another terminal? Does that show any error messages?
Haines wrote:No (EE) errors in /var/log/Xorg.0.log.
How about ~/.xsession-errors?
Haines wrote:when I start xclipboard
Does the PRIMARY start working again if you kill xclipboard?
deadbang