Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Bluetooth not working

Need help with peripherals or devices?
wrecked_machine

Bluetooth not working

#1 Post by wrecked_machine »

I just discovered my bluetooth is non-functional, which is a huge problem. A Google search reveals that I'm not the only one, but I have yet to find a definitive solution. I have this output:

Code: Select all

[   12.184464] bluetooth hci0: Direct firmware load for brcm/BCM20702A1-0a5c-21f1.hcd failed with error -2

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: Bluetooth not working

#2 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

wrecked_machine wrote:A Google search reveals that I'm not the only one, but I have yet to find a definitive solution.
Please list all of the things you have tried so we don't waste our time suggesting them. Include the exact command(s) used so that we can spot any mistakes you may have made.
deadbang

Dai_trying

#3 Post by Dai_trying »

I set up my bluetooth yesterday and followed the Debian Wiki guide and everything worked as soon as I rebooted (for new groups to take effect). I might have been lucky and I used blueman (GTK2) as I use Xfce desktop in case that makes a difference. Pairing and connection works fine and the only thing I have to remember is to switch the output to my headset before using audio (using pavucontrol).

cuckooflew

#4 Post by cuckooflew »

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:
wrecked_machine wrote:A Google search reveals that I'm not the only one, but I have yet to find a definitive solution.
Please list all of the things you have tried so we don't waste our time suggesting them. Include the exact command(s) used so that we can spot any mistakes you may have made.
Also please include the output of

Code: Select all

$ release_lsb -a 
(show what version of Debian )
I ask this, because if it is Debian wheezy, the solutions for Debian Stretch, might not work, and then it seems like when ever we assume it is Debian stable (Buster), well after running in circles for 2 or 3 pages , the OP finally tells us it is not Debian stable , but something else. Yes a search shows many different solutions, and they do vary depending on Debian version.
Please Read What we expect you have already Done
Search Engines know a lot, and
"If God had wanted computers to work all the time, He wouldn't have invented RESET buttons"
and
Just say NO to help vampires!