Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Fractional scaling

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
Robert-Tim

Fractional scaling

#1 Post by Robert-Tim »

Perhaps there are some other owners of 24" 3840x2160 monitors who find that 100% scaling makes the print look very small, but could handle something smaller than 200% scaling would provide. Ubuntu Focal offers fractional scaling in GNOME, so that one could select something like 150%. Has anyone got this working in Debian yet? I use sid/Bullseye, which I suppose would be the first to receive such experimental features.

stevepusser

Re: Fractional scaling

#2 Post by stevepusser »

Works for me in KDE and Enlightenment--sorry, don't run GNOME, but I thought it was also available out of the box. Maybe you need gnome-tweak.
MX Linux packager and developer

sunrat
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Post by sunrat »

KDE Plasma 5 does have excellent fractional scaling. Looks great on both my 27" and 43" 4K monitors. I don't use Gnome either.
“ computer users can be divided into 2 categories:
Those who have lost data
...and those who have not lost data YET ”
Remember to BACKUP!

pylkko

#4 Post by pylkko »

in gnome you need to use the "additional settings" package, under "Fonts" there is "scaling factor".

EDIT: apparently it is called gnome-tweak-tool in Debian