Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Solved] Except kget no GUI extension for wget available?

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
bkpsusmitaa

[Solved] Except kget no GUI extension for wget available?

#1 Post by bkpsusmitaa »

Debian Stretch Live ISO has lxde as Windows Manager. lxde is an independent desktop manager that has some of the base binaries of Gnome but not KDE. So kget would require several tens of binaries and packages to be installed to create a system that uses KDE.
Earlier gwget, a GUI extension of wget would be available, but no longer appears to be available.
wget is already installed within the system. Are there any GUI extension available for installation?

Solution below in stevepusser's post: uget with curl and aria2
Last edited by bkpsusmitaa on 2020-07-19 04:18, edited 2 times in total.
Freedom is impossible to conceive.
Books that help:
Dale Carnegie's How To Win Friends And Influence People and Emilie Post's Etiquette In Society, In Business, In Politics, And At Home

stevepusser

Re: [?]Except kget no GUI extension for wget available?

#2 Post by stevepusser »

This is the first thing that comes up in my web search--what did you get when you searched? http://www.martin-achern.de/wgetgui/

Though I like uGet with aria2 myself...

Why Stretch instead of the current stable release?
MX Linux packager and developer

bkpsusmitaa

Re: [?]Except kget no GUI extension for wget available?

#3 Post by bkpsusmitaa »

stevepusser wrote:This is the first thing that comes up in my web search--what did you get when you searched? http://www.martin-achern.de/wgetgui/
Thank you for replying to my post. After a long time!
Yes, the same. But if you scroll down below, you would notice the Release and update Dates.
stevepusser wrote:Though I like uGet with aria2 myself...
What speciality it has in comparison to kget? Is it compatible with wget? It is GUI, I checked the screenshot from synaptic. But nothing about compatibility.
But I have installed. I see in /edit/settings/plug-in that it can use both curl and aria2. I have also installed aria2.
stevepusser wrote:Why Stretch instead of the current stable release?
I use the latest old-stable release that don't get updated frequently. That way I can focus on my work and not on updating the system.
Kindly look at this link of Arch Linux. The Upstream URL thereleads nowhere (i.e., 404)
I even searched Gnome. Perhaps Gnome has removed the gwget from its project list.
Anyway, downloaded the Arch Linux gwget-1.0.4-16-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst package. All suggestion on the internet regarding installation of Arch packages to debian are very old and outdated.
Freedom is impossible to conceive.
Books that help:
Dale Carnegie's How To Win Friends And Influence People and Emilie Post's Etiquette In Society, In Business, In Politics, And At Home