Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Solved] Enable Firefox ⟶ Google Meet to grab Mic

Need help with peripherals or devices?
bkpsusmitaa

[Solved] Enable Firefox ⟶ Google Meet to grab Mic

#1 Post by bkpsusmitaa »

The details of my laptop is here.

Why is it that Google Meet can't grab mic from Debian?

My daughter's reject laptop, Lenovo, and my second-hand HP, in which Doze was pre-installed, Google Meet can easily grab the mic from Firefox browser in either of the two laptops. But we only use Debian and Knoppix on those laptops and not Doze.

I have observed that the Pulse Audio Volume Control ⟶ Input Device Tab ⟶ Built In Analog Stereo ⟶ Internal Microphone ⟶ Activity Indicator is showing activity in both the laptops.

Do specific hardware drivers need to be installed in order for Firefox to grab the Internal Microphone?

In Firefox ⟶ Preferences ⟶ Privacy & Security ⟶ Permission ⟶ Microphone ⟶ Settings, https://meet.google.com/ is already allowed. [Instructions in Mozilla Support webpage]

The Remember the dicision is to be ticked when permission is sought by Google Meet to access the Mic and Camera, and approved.

Most Important: Using Pulse Audio Volume Control Panel, the Tab, Input Devices ⟶ Built-in Analog Stereo ⟶ Internal Microphone ⟶ needs Unmuting, if muted.
Freedom is impossible to conceive.
Books that help:
Dale Carnegie's How To Win Friends And Influence People and Emilie Post's Etiquette In Society, In Business, In Politics, And At Home