Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Unable to move windows when using VNC

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
cosmarchy

Unable to move windows when using VNC

#1 Post by cosmarchy »

Hello guys,

After installation, I had a bit of trouble getting TightVNC to work but now I am able to connect.

The trouble I am having is that I am unable to move any windows in the VNC. I can move the mouse over the title bar but I cannot drag this to another part of the screen. I cannot resize the window either. The cursor does not change when I hover over the title bar nor in the corners when trying to resize.

I have used VNC on other flavours of Linux without this issue so is it specific tho this install?

Does anyone know the reason for this?

Thanks

sickpig

Re: Unable to move windows when using VNC

#2 Post by sickpig »

you need to ensure your current DE or WM doesn't interfere with the vnc instance. If you are using a WM then you need to specify a separate config like so - openbox --config-file /home/a/Applications/configs/openbox/rc.xml & in your ~/.vnc/xstartup

or if you are using DE then the following will go in ~/.vnc/xstartup

Code: Select all

#!/bin/sh
unset SESSION_MANAGER
unset DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS
ref https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/TigerVNC

edit
the *.log(s) at ~/.vnc will list errors