Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Caja fails to copy file to DVD

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
geoffkaniuk

Caja fails to copy file to DVD

#1 Post by geoffkaniuk »

I am trying to copy files (in stretch) to DVD via Mate's CD/DVD Creator provided by Caja. I can certainly populate the local file URI burn:///, but there is no "CD/DVD Creator item" available in the Go menu, as promised by the Caja help pages. The Blank DVD-R Disc icon does appear when I load a DVD, but interestingly the command findmnt does not show it. Not sure what I am missing!

There are many DVD writing tools around like bashburn, cdrecord, and I have used growisofs before to create iso images. I am just wanting to copy some documents to disc, so I wondered what is a simple and reliable command-line application for this?
Geoff

stevepusser

Re: Caja fails to copy file to DVD

#2 Post by stevepusser »

Don't know, really. K3b has always been best-of-breed, regardless of the desktop.
MX Linux packager and developer