Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Which are most stable video editors?

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
oswaldkelso
df -h | grep > 20TiB
df -h | grep > 20TiB

Re: Which are most stable video editors?

#21 Post by oswaldkelso »

final cut pro vs ffmpeg
https://invidious.ggc-project.de/watch?v=H89OrOf7pDg

I had a version of final cup pro back in the day cost like a £1000 when I switched to Debian it went in the bin :shock:

Now I do all my screencasts and editing with ffmpeg. I have no choice, the only other video editing application I have on my system is blender. I know which is easier. There is no way I'm going to upgrade and build a load of video editors from source. :mrgreen:

The advantage of ffmpeg is it's the same across distros and OS's and you can chuck the commands in a script. I have "sc" to do a screencast, how simple is that! I keep a record of any options I use and build up a bank of useful commands and scripts.

e.g My daughter does a bit of boldering and fell off, Sent me the video. Nearly 150MB mostly boring with the interesting bit near the end. I re-encoded, scaled, cropped and played with it all using ffmpeg and ffplay before sending it back to her fixed!. :lol:
https://derryth.com/s/5EfS7i9ibSnnni3

If you're on a minimal system or going to do lots of editing then I say learn ffmpeg because it's no harder than a learning full blow GUI application. If you just do a few clips then I can see some might like something your granny could use.
Free Software Matters
Ash init durbatulûk, ash init gimbatul,
Ash init thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
My oldest used PC: 1999 imac 333Mhz 256MB PPC abandoned by Debian

bester69

#22 Post by bester69 »

LE_746F6D617A7A69 wrote:Regarding the ffmpeg: I think that we have a misunderstanding here - I believe that bester69 meant interactive/GUI video editors - those are the missing keywords here.

While ffmpeg can do a lot of things just by issuing some options at the cmd line, it is not equivalent to GUI-based video editors - or at least it's not as much convenient as the GUI-based applictions.
Definitely ffmpeg is not an efficient solution in case when one would like to just quickly test several *special effects* applied/inserted into a video stream.

Regarding the stability of video editors: I'm not involved in mastering of professional videos, but OpenShot does the job for Me, and it is completely stable (version 2.4.3 from Debian stable)
Clearly and thanks to lord you're not a portal... its very easy to decode one by the way they fall into madness, stabbing attitude and confrontation by just trivial things, without much importance , and also the energy that surround their posted comments..wth!! :| .. As you can see organic portals doesnt like words in bold or big fonts.... they dont understand this freedom and unique in conduct of a real person cos they are colective conscious, so that, they cant deny their colmene mind programs, its not something they do intencionally.; they just obey programs, just like with covid and face muzzles.. they cant understand us.
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...

stevepusser

#23 Post by stevepusser »

oswaldkelso wrote:
There is no way I'm going to upgrade and build a load of video editors from source. :mrgreen:
If you just do a few clips then I can see some might like something your granny could use.
I do have some backported video editors in the MX and /or my OBS multimedia backports repo.

For simple video cutting, one could use vidcutter or VLC's Record function. Qwinff is a nice transcoder, and one that shows promise is MystiQ, though I just mostly use it to transcode to h.265 format with a custom preset that sunrat suggested.
MX Linux packager and developer

bester69

#24 Post by bester69 »

stevepusser wrote: I do have some backported video editors in the MX and /or my OBS multimedia backports repo.

For simple video cutting, one could use vidcutter or VLC's Record function. Qwinff is a nice transcoder, and one that shows promise is MystiQ, though I just mostly use it to transcode to h.265 format with a custom preset that sunrat suggested.
+
I think to remember vidcutter was a shitty of application, it forces you to tanscoding vids everytime you made a cut....

You should try the best app for cutting.:
LosslessCut aims to be the ultimate cross platform ffmpeg GUI for extremely fast and lossless operations on video, audio, subtitle and other related media files.
The main feature is lossless trimming and cutting of video and audio files
https://github.com/mifi/lossless-cut

I think Qwinff or Winff..are not needed if you've Kdenlive,flowblade, Shotcut or any of these more complete edition applications.. they provide you same transcoding tool embedded... They come with a lot of transcoding profiles, inclided h265 and hardware encoding acceleration codecs libraries
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...

CwF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#25 Post by CwF »

golinux wrote:Avidemux RIP. It was my go-to editor for many years until they switched from frame- to time-based editing,
The appimage still works fine frame by frame. ? Just used it...