Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

HP Deskjet 1510 series printer - seen/not working [Solved]

Need help with peripherals or devices?
tpprynn

HP Deskjet 1510 series printer - seen/not working [Solved]

#1 Post by tpprynn »

I haven't needed much assistance with Debian for quite some time but don't think I've dealt with printers before, though a fairly recent version of Ubuntu or Xubuntu had worked with this model, a Deskjet 1510.

I'm using Debian 10 Cinnamon Edition and the printer application does list the printer. When I send a job to it it announces when it's done, in the computer's opinion, but no printing has appeared. I tried Windows 10 on another laptop and though it kind of works no yellow is produced, which I happen to need ideally (faffing with yellow card/ paper otherwise).

If anyone here could patiently run me through what I'd need to be doing to get this printer behaving with Debian that would be great as I wish to do away with the Windows laptop.

This is an Asus Vivobook 405. Everything else is working perfectly with Debian 10.

The probably useless printer-specific bit of lsusb is:

Bus 001 Device 007: ID 03f0:c111 HP, Inc Deskjet 1510

Please let me know what other output is needed for assistance. Thanks.

I've just tried the current Xubuntu with the printer and it works but there is still no yellow so presumably a fault is present but I could still muddle through until a new printer is available if I could work out what's missing from Debian that Xubuntu has.

Thanks.
Last edited by tpprynn on 2020-09-05 17:24, edited 1 time in total.

arochester
Emeritus
Emeritus

Re: HP Deskjet 1510 series printer - seen but not working

#2 Post by arochester »

the printer application does list the printer
"the printer application"? system-config-printer?

https://lescahiersdudebutant.arpinux.or ... ig-printer

tpprynn

Re: HP Deskjet 1510 series printer - seen but not working

#3 Post by tpprynn »

Thanks. After looking at your link I was able to compare the printer's url with it in Xubuntu, saw that it seemed wrong, some odd characters in there somehow. Removing the printer and adding it again has corrected things for whatever reason. Black working, probably just need new colour cartridge. Goodbye final use for Windows 10 though...