Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

What would you like me to do?

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
debcat77

What would you like me to do?

#1 Post by debcat77 »

Dear Debian community,

I just read the article over at The Register saying how the Debian project needs volunteers.

I've used Debian a lot, although I have to say I use Ubuntu these days. I'd love to help, but I'm not that Linux savvy. Technical systems stuff is almost always way over my head, I can only manage basic shell commands like navigating a directory or installing stuff. I can program, also in C, although I'm not an expert in it (yet :wink:). I've always wanted to learn Linux/Debian thoroughly, but it has always seemed somewhat cumbersome, and with all kinds of other shiny objects in view...

That being said, I could easily imagine myself doing documentation stuff, like manuals and guides. I have an eye for good writing, but problem is, to write about something, I need to know about that something.

In extension of the larger issue, but also the above, would it be an idea to take on apprentice-mentor programs? Maybe you could use some of those 900,000 USD to teach people. :)

sgosnell

Re: What would you like me to do?

#2 Post by sgosnell »

This is not the Debian Project, just a forum for people who like to discuss Debian and related issues.
https://www.debian.org/intro/help
Take my advice, I'm not using it.