Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Reboot hangs on USB

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
pezlin

Reboot hangs on USB

#1 Post by pezlin »

Hi,

I have installed Debian 10 on a RPi3B+ running on a USB stick. Everything is working fine until I run the Reboot command. The RPi reboots and hangs at [sda] Attached SCSI removable disk and nothing happens. I have waited long but nothing and I haven't been able to find anything to guide me on the internet. The image I install is this one: https://raspi.debian.net/verified/20200 ... i_3.img.xz

The only way for me right now is to re-image the USB stick again and make a fresh install which is of course not how it should be. Any help is highly appreciated.

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: Reboot hangs on USB

#2 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

Raspbian is not supported here, please ask on their forums.

Thread move to Offtopic.
deadbang

arochester
Emeritus
Emeritus

#3 Post by arochester »

Have you asked on the Raspberry Pi Forums? https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/

pendrachken

#4 Post by pendrachken »

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:Raspbian is not supported here, please ask on their forums.

Thread move to Offtopic.

Can't read again, huh? He installed the Debian release for pi on it. Raspbian would probably work OOTB.

What I would look at is if the grub kernel line is referencing the USB device properly, either through labels or UUID, and if not try to get a rescue shell to change things around to get grub / the kernel to see it properly. Or try a different USB stick, just to make sure it isn't something strange from that stick / manufacturer.
fortune -o
Your love life will be... interesting.
:twisted: How did it know?

The U.S. uses the metric system too, we have tenths, hundredths and thousandths of inches :-P

Head_on_a_Stick

#5 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

pendrachken wrote:He installed the Debian release for pi on it.
Ah, thanks for the correction. I just checked the download link and made an assumption based on the name of the image, which was silly of me.

@OP: my apologies, I've moved the thread back.
deadbang