Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Bluetooth - Cambridge Silicon Radio Bluetooth Dongle

Need help with peripherals or devices?
C3reeman

Bluetooth - Cambridge Silicon Radio Bluetooth Dongle

#1 Post by C3reeman »

Hi,

Apologies for my lack of knowledge and understanding in Linux I'm only just starting out, I'm trying to get a usb bluetooth dongle to work its a class 1 "startech.com" device when i run lsusb i get the following...

Code: Select all

hassio@debian:~$ lsusb
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0a12:0001 Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode)
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 80ee:0021 VirtualBox USB Tablet
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
so the device is detected, i've spent literally every evening this week searching "0a12:0001 Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode)" in an attempt to find a suitable guide and solution that i can understand but to date i've failed.

The criticality of using this particular usb device is because its class 1 with better range than the more standard class 2 dongles the intention is to run "Home Assistant" as an upgrade to my current setup using a RPI 4, included within my home assistant install is many bluetooth temperature sensors and hence the requirement for bluetooth at an extended range.

if anyone can help a very simple to follow step by step guide for a novice would be fantastic, I'm running latest debian 10.7 in gnome

Its worth noting the dongle works fine on widnows 10 and also worked out of the box on Ubunutu

pylkko

Re: Bluetooth - Cambridge Silicon Radio Bluetooth Dongle

#2 Post by pylkko »

I'm not sure you noticed but you offer only evidence of it working in your message... can you give more detail?

arochester
Emeritus
Emeritus

#3 Post by arochester »

i've spent literally every evening this week searching "0a12:0001 Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode)" in an attempt to find a suitable guide and solution that i can understand but to date i've failed.
It doesn't seem like you need a guide for that dongle. You need to INSTALL Bluetooth.

https://wiki.debian.org/BluetoothUser
https://www.maketecheasier.com/setup-bl ... -in-linux/
even https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Bluetooth

C3reeman

#4 Post by C3reeman »

Sorry I have another Bluetooth adapter ( with poor range ) that when plugged in shows up straight away in the top right corner of the desktop and I’m able to search for devices etc using the GUI with this one despite is showing up under lsusb when I go to Bluetooth in settings it shows “insert Bluetooth dongle to use Bluetooth”

diegosiao145

#6 Post by diegosiao145 »

Have you had any success? Same CSR problem here.