Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Repository Sources *.iso

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
imwacc0

Repository Sources *.iso

#1 Post by imwacc0 »

I can't figure out what to add in /etc/apt/sources.list

Code: Select all

deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 10.7.0 _Buster_ - Official amd64 DVD Binary-1 20200926-10:17]/ buster contrib main
Ive downloaded debian-10.7.0-amd64-DVD-1 thru 3 and Firmware. I even unzipped them, they're in a sub-folder /home/iso

or if there's a GUI, I can't find it.

https://www.pcsuggest.com/how-to-use-an ... in-debian/

Code: Select all

deb file:///media/repo_1/  jessie main contrib
But I ass-u-me that I use "buster" not jessie? Why do I need the code name? Do I need to add three different folders if I've un-ziped them?

arochester
Emeritus
Emeritus

Re: Repository Sources *.iso

#2 Post by arochester »

The link you give is about creating an offline repository. Is that what you intend?

Do you have Internet? Reasonable Internet speed? Is there some other reason you don't want to use the Internet?

If you have "Home" what have you installed?

imwacc0

#3 Post by imwacc0 »

Yes, right now it's air-gaped. It's not going to stay that way, I just don't have work area near ethernet.... and right now it's not liking any WiFi dongles.

I have Gig fiber from AT&T, and this build will be a headless FTP, outward-facing. With just a pinch of NAS.

This is a fresh install, I've not added stuff yet (because I can't get repository) but I've removed quite a bit... CUPS, bluetooth, GIMP, and the like.

edit: Yes, I can D/L and sneaker net, but right now, it's too much trouble to get network over there.

Deb-fan

#4 Post by Deb-fan »

Just messed with this not too long ago, put up a how-to on it here. :)
Most powerful FREE tech-support tool on the planet * HERE. *

imwacc0

#5 Post by imwacc0 »

Deb-fan wrote: a how-to on it
I have a few questions. Put them on your post.