Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

a2enmod missing?

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
AR15USR

a2enmod missing?

#1 Post by AR15USR »

So seems like a2enmod is missing on my system for some reason. I cannot find it at all, when I try to use it I get "command not found". I've searched and searched for it and cannot find the bin anywhere.

I'm running Debian 10 and php7.3.19. Any ideas? Any way to re-install it?
Debian 10 64-bit 4.19.0-13

sunrat
Administrator
Administrator

Re: a2enmod missing?

#2 Post by sunrat »

“ computer users can be divided into 2 categories:
Those who have lost data
...and those who have not lost data YET ”
Remember to BACKUP!

AR15USR

#3 Post by AR15USR »

reinob

#4 Post by reinob »

AR15USR wrote:So seems like a2enmod is missing on my system for some reason. I cannot find it at all, when I try to use it I get "command not found". I've searched and searched for it and cannot find the bin anywhere.

a2enmod is part of apache2, not of php7, and is located at /usr/sbin/a2enmod.

/usr/sbin is normally not the user's path but only in root's path. You need root anyway to use it, so it's not clear what your problem may be.

(maybe.. just maybe.. you don't happen to be using "su" to get root, are you? -- if yes, then please do your homework before posting :)

or just learn that "su" is not the same as "su -" and that you should be using "su -" to get root with root's environment...

PS: I just saw that you had already been told about this (didn't check the link posted above by @sunrat. If indeed the program is not there, then you (or something fishy outside of debian) has deleted it. If you really know what you're doing and you have not messed up your system beyond recognition, you could try with "apt-get install --reinstall apache2" and hope for the best..

AR15USR

#5 Post by AR15USR »

reinob wrote:
AR15USR wrote:So seems like a2enmod is missing on my system for some reason. I cannot find it at all, when I try to use it I get "command not found". I've searched and searched for it and cannot find the bin anywhere.

a2enmod is part of apache2, not of php7, and is located at /usr/sbin/a2enmod.

/usr/sbin is normally not the user's path but only in root's path. You need root anyway to use it, so it's not clear what your problem may be.

(maybe.. just maybe.. you don't happen to be using "su" to get root, are you? -- if yes, then please do your homework before posting :)

or just learn that "su" is not the same as "su -" and that you should be using "su -" to get root with root's environment...

PS: I just saw that you had already been told about this (didn't check the link posted above by @sunrat. If indeed the program is not there, then you (or something fishy outside of debian) has deleted it. If you really know what you're doing and you have not messed up your system beyond recognition, you could try with "apt-get install --reinstall apache2" and hope for the best..

Thanks, and I understand all that. I have searched every bin location I can find and there is no a2enmod/a2dismod. Thanks for the "apt-get install --reinstall apache2" suggestion, will try that next..