Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

GNOME Fractional Scaling

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
jmajeremy

GNOME Fractional Scaling

#1 Post by jmajeremy »

Hi,

I'm trying to enable fractional scaling on GNOME but I can't seem to get it working. I'm using Debian Testing, with GNOME 3.38.
The strange thing is I was using Ubuntu before, with the exact same version of GNOME and the same display drivers. I've tried the suggestion on various websites to "enable experimental features" in "org.gnome.mutter" to no avail. Wondering if anyone would have a suggestion for something else I could try to get it working?
You can see in the screenshots below how on Ubuntu it shows an option to enable fractional scaling, whereas the option is not present in Debian.

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: GNOME Fractional Scaling

#2 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

deadbang

jmajeremy

#3 Post by jmajeremy »

Thanks but unfortunately I tried that already and it didn't have any effect...

Head_on_a_Stick

#4 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

Tried *what* exactly? There are several methods given in that link. Hint: the fractional scaling option is only available in the settings GUI if you're running the Wayland desktop.

EDIT: tested this in my Debian bullseye box and it works just fine:

deadbang