Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Installing Debian on dead badger

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
lumpofcheese

Installing Debian on dead badger

#1 Post by lumpofcheese »

Hello
my english no very good, but i see this link http://www.strangehorizons.com/2004/200 ... dger.shtml and it say you can have linux on dead badger. my badger died it was 2 week and i big linux fan so i want linux on it but i cant find fleshgolem. maybe it stop making. is there another on debian i can use thank you very much

Lavene
Site admin
Site admin

#2 Post by Lavene »

The entire *Golem line is obsolete since it had a nasty tendency to cause a deityclash exception and make the H3L1 bus over heat. Just grab an ordinary atheist driver v66.6 or later and your badger should snap to life... so to speak.

Tina

lumpofcheese

#3 Post by lumpofcheese »

I would like to inquire into the validity of that information - this program does not seem to exist. In fact, I am beginning to believe that the whole document is not taken in a serious manner. There are several people who would be interested in running linux on dead badgers that they happen to have lying about, and I would like to request legitimate documentation on the procedure to install linux.
Regards,
R. L. Smythe

Lavene
Site admin
Site admin

#4 Post by Lavene »

Does it has to be a badger? They're kinda tricky... how about running it on a puppy instead? Puppy Linux is readily available (puppy not included)

lumpofcheese

#5 Post by lumpofcheese »

Installing linux on a puppy? Now that's just crazy.

bluesdog

#6 Post by bluesdog »

Badgers? We don' need no steenking badgers!
(obligatory 'Treasure of The Sierra Madre' quote)

You may be able to adapt/mod/customize according to this procedure

Good luck!
Tips & Tricks

Something more to read while waiting

If you obviously have not read THIS, don't expect too much...

*winter bluesdog....*

Noven

#7 Post by Noven »

ok I must have missed something.

sinical

#8 Post by sinical »

Is it anything to do with this?
Every cloud has a silver lining, except for the mushroom shaped ones, which have a lining of Strontium 90.
---------------------------------------------
umop apisdn

dmn_clown

#9 Post by dmn_clown »

bluesdog wrote:You may be able to adapt/mod/customize according to this procedure
Nice beaver.

(Obligatory "The Naked Gun" quote)

Simpatico

#10 Post by Simpatico »

Lavene wrote:The entire *Golem line is obsolete since it had a nasty tendency to cause a deityclash exception and make the H3L1 bus over heat. Just grab an ordinary atheist driver v66.6 or later and your badger should snap to life... so to speak.

Tina
I know how this happened. Undoubtedly, someone installed the forcedeth driver by mistake:

http://dev.gentoo.org/~dsd/nforce-net-t ... tm#install
Debian GNU/Linux testing
Debian GNU/Linux stable

GMouse

#11 Post by GMouse »

Lavene wrote:Does it has to be a badger? They're kinda tricky... how about running it on a puppy instead? Puppy Linux is readily available (puppy not included)
Is it necessary for the puppy to be dead before installing? Or am I to understand that it is feasible to be installing on live badgers?
For the sake of proper attribution, my avatar: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/40999320/

hash

#12 Post by hash »

badgers and puppies???
are you folks nuts?
heartless animal haters :evil:

(unintentional road kill doesnt count...)

You should try a cucumber or a pineapple, looks more appealing on the desk. Though its a bit more tempting than a dead badger :|

-animal loving vegitarian
Disclaimer: Any errors/misstakes in spilling, glammer, tact, or fact are transmission errors

Lavene
Site admin
Site admin

#13 Post by Lavene »

GMouse wrote:Is it necessary for the puppy to be dead before installing? Or am I to understand that it is feasible to be installing on live badgers?
Well, not sure actually. But I work part-time as an animal nurse at the local vet (not sure if it's called 'animal nurse' in English) and although we don't get a whole lot of badgers we do a lot of chip implants on puppies. So if the dog is big enough it might just work... :P

Tina

llivv

#14 Post by llivv »

'
Last edited by llivv on 2019-02-15 17:21, edited 2 times in total.
In memory of Ian Ashley Murdock (1973 - 2015) founder of the Debian project.

GMouse

#15 Post by GMouse »

Lavene wrote:
GMouse wrote:Is it necessary for the puppy to be dead before installing? Or am I to understand that it is feasible to be installing on live badgers?
Well, not sure actually. But I work part-time as an animal nurse at the local vet (not sure if it's called 'animal nurse' in English) and although we don't get a whole lot of badgers we do a lot of chip implants on puppies. So if the dog is big enough it might just work... :P

Tina
Excellent! My sister has a rather large dog, still young enough to be puppy-like. I'll ask if I can borrow her this weekend. With a wireless card and a nice, large hard-drive, I should have a good, mobile storage unit in no time.
For the sake of proper attribution, my avatar: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/40999320/