Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Was checking out Youtube

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
sinical

Was checking out Youtube

#1 Post by sinical »

and came across this gem. He was talking about this.
Every cloud has a silver lining, except for the mushroom shaped ones, which have a lining of Strontium 90.
---------------------------------------------
umop apisdn

jml

#2 Post by jml »

Think I'm going to loose my lunch. :wink:

I had forgotten just how bad Windows 1.0 was. I did not jump on the Windows band wagon until 3.1. And I still regret that decision. Thanks for the bit of nostalgia.

Joe
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with catsup.

sinical

#3 Post by sinical »

Ahh it gets even better. I know people were diffrent in the 80 .. but seriously.. the only explanation I have for this one is cocaine.
Every cloud has a silver lining, except for the mushroom shaped ones, which have a lining of Strontium 90.
---------------------------------------------
umop apisdn

Dargor

#4 Post by Dargor »

I never knew using desktop apps could be so dramatic.

llivv

#5 Post by llivv »

'
Last edited by llivv on 2019-02-15 17:21, edited 1 time in total.
In memory of Ian Ashley Murdock (1973 - 2015) founder of the Debian project.

hcgtv

Re: Was checking out Youtube

#6 Post by hcgtv »

sinical wrote:He was talking about this.
That brings back memories, I still have my 5 1/4 diskettes of Windows 1.0.
Bert Garcia - When all you have is a keyboard

detly

#7 Post by detly »

sinical wrote:Ahh it gets even better. I know people were diffrent in the 80 .. but seriously.. the only explanation I have for this one is cocaine.
WHERE ARE THEY NOW?
The 80s MS Promo Team

Victoria Carver (Linda)
Following on from her cocaine-powered (allegedly) lead role in Windows 386 — Mission: Intractable and its sequel Mission: Inexplicable, Carver attempted to use the promos as a springboard into a musical career. Circumstances conspired, however, to thwart her entry into the world of music when her original (and only) reels were mysteriously lost in-transit by the Trans-Global International Freight company. Was the world ready for her unique stuttering rap crossover freestylings? We will never know.

Phillip Mottetreal name: Anatoly Petrovyich (William)
Petrovyich's efforts to break into the world of action-history-horror-suspense-romance genre films took quite some time to get off the ground... perhaps a little too long. He slowly began to garner noteriety for the stripping jobs he took to supplement his income from an increasingly hostile PR industry, and Anatoly began to despair that his alter ego ("11ft Ledger Larry") would eclipse him in fame (or possibly infamy). His small-time acting roles lead nowhere and all but died after his arrest for drunkenly singing bawdy folk songs while wearing a penguin suit. Rumours now abound that he is undertaking rehabilitation for a variety of substances at an unspecified clinic in Redmond.

Sheree Galpert (Katherine) and John Pendleton (Mike)
After a few more minor roles in promotional vidoes and corporate training material, Galpert and Pendleton saved enough money to start their own promotional material actors agency, which eventually grew to include seven offices in two countries. Their efforts paid off when they (now married) sold their company for an undisclosed amount and retired to a ranch deep in the forests of Canada.