Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Debian can't connect to internet

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
Lazyshot

Debian can't connect to internet

#1 Post by Lazyshot »

Hello,

I have a small little $7 box that runs on a Pentium 200 MX with 256 ram. Anyways, just recently my box decided to stop connecting to the internet. I can connect to the box through ssh(my only way to contact it) from inside the lan, but I can't connect from outside the lan. I run through a cable modem and Linksys router. The box was working wonderfully before but just decided to stop. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

startx

#2 Post by startx »

but I can't connect from outside the lan.
are you sure that whoever is administrating the router hasn't changed any firewall rules?
debian squeeze for everyday life, many other versions for the rest

Lazyshot

#3 Post by Lazyshot »

The firewall is set to DMX to the server, yet I still can't access it.

Lazyshot

#4 Post by Lazyshot »

That also doesn't explain why I can't access any website or even ping.

I have also looked at the DNS and I have tried to connect using the ip and even then does it not connect.

#5 Post by Guest »

no replies...:-(

startx

#6 Post by startx »

I can connect to the box through ssh(my only way to contact it) from inside the lan, but I can't connect from outside the lan.
well i dont understand. what do you mean you cannot "connect from outside lan"

if you can access the machine from inside the lan, and ping the router from the maschine, than network is fine.

well FROM "outside the lan" (you mean from somewhere on the net?) its normal not to ping your maschine? e your router resettet/has a firewall or something. or maybe you have to describe very detailes what your setup is.
(and hat you mean by "FROM outside lan")
no replies.
people try to help, please do not bump up the thread.
debian squeeze for everyday life, many other versions for the rest

Lazyshot

#7 Post by Lazyshot »

Sorry, but I figured it out.... My router was set to DHCP yet my config was set to static.