Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Court: Microsoft, Best Buy must stand trial for racketeering

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
mzilikazi
Forum Account
Forum Account

Court: Microsoft, Best Buy must stand trial for racketeering

#1 Post by mzilikazi »

Finally, Worst Buy & Microshaft *might* get what they deserve. Nah....they'll probably just lawyer their way out of this one too.

This is exactly the reason I avoid BestBuy & anything even remotely related to MSN like the plague. Pathetic isn't it? MS can't get customers to sign up by offering a decent product that they'll actually want to use so instead they do it illegally. I just don't understand why people put up with that s**t in the first place. BestBuy rarely has the best price on anything (at least that's the case here) and I'm always amazed when I drive by and don't see a "Going Out Of Business" sign.
Debian Sid Laptops:
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-55 / 1.5G
Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T2390 @ 1.86GHz / 3G

e1even1

#2 Post by e1even1 »

in the states, that 9th circuit is often referred to as the 9th circus court. but they got this one right.

and the reason bestbuy isn't going out of business is that collectively the public here is dumber than a box of rocks.

recall HP and their pretexting, and worldcom and enron etc. etc. ad nauseum. large coporations largely consider themselves above the law here in the states. the only thing they understand is, well ... i was going to say jail time, but that doesn't even seem to work.

patrick

#3 Post by patrick »

:lol:
that is great
BestBuy rarely has the best price on anything (at least that's the case here)
but the name says Best Buy so it must be good.

i wounder how much Best Buy makes for each person they screw

do you think this will hurt Micropricks or Best Buy. Nope most people will keep going im sure because they keep buying Wintrash and we all know how screwed up that is
Debian Lenny/Squeeze
Journeyman Plumber Massachusetts U.S.A.
If i can learn Linux any person can. I'm just a Plumber ya know.

llivv

#4 Post by llivv »

'
Last edited by llivv on 2019-02-15 19:33, edited 1 time in total.

hrsetrdr

#5 Post by hrsetrdr »

Microsoft, Best Buy....

Gee two of my favorite corporations-not! This just reinforces my faith that it's still possible for justice, in the U.S. Justice System. Too bad that if convicted, nobody will go to prison, the corporations will just pay fines. Actually, if convicted they will appeal any rulings until the absolute end of time.
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.
(Albert Einstein).

GMouse

#6 Post by GMouse »

It's about time RICO was applied.
For the sake of proper attribution, my avatar: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/40999320/

Vergil

Re: Court: Microsoft, Best Buy must stand trial for racketee

#7 Post by Vergil »

mzilikazi wrote: BestBuy rarely has the best price on anything (at least that's the case here) and I'm always amazed when I drive by and don't see a "Going Out Of Business" sign.
True, best buy normally had bad prices, but I have a soft spot in my heart for them. For some reason like 4-5 years ago they would have cdrs for really cheap (50 pack for $1 after a $7 mail in rebate). I loved it. Ever few months buy it, send in the rebate (I can wait), burn tons of cd/linux distro for cheap. Then they stopped and I shed a small tear.