Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Debian font

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
Scotti
Moderator Team Member
Moderator Team Member

Debian font

#1 Post by Scotti »

I did plenty of searching, but all I found were posts and threads about Debian font packages and font issues. What I'm trying to find out is what is the name of the Debian font, the one in the logo. Could anyone tell me what it is? Thanks! :)

anon

#2 Post by anon »

I don't think there is such a font, it was just drawn by the artist.

Scotti
Moderator Team Member
Moderator Team Member

#3 Post by Scotti »

Hmm, well the Debian Women logo has the word "Women" in the same font. I'm thinking it must be a real font.

Roeland

#4 Post by Roeland »

dren wrote:Hmm, well the Debian Women logo has the word "Women" in the same font. I'm thinking it must be a real font.
It's a quite expensive commercial font. Dunno why they chose to use it, because I can't think of any way to legally use a vector image with that font...

-Roel
Science Center
Debian GNU/Linux flowing through my veins

Scotti
Moderator Team Member
Moderator Team Member

#5 Post by Scotti »

Roeland wrote:It's a quite expensive commercial font. Dunno why they chose to use it, because I can't think of any way to legally use a vector image with that font...

-Roel
Really? Aww that's no fun. Oh well, thanks for the info.

Mexican_Pirate

#6 Post by Mexican_Pirate »

The website font-freak.com has lots of ripoffs of real fonts. Maybe you can find a good one there?
Arr, ese!