Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Cannot find phpize

Programming languages, Coding, Executables, Package Creation, and Scripting.
paul.vanharen

Cannot find phpize

#1 Post by paul.vanharen »

I'm doing my first exercises with php5. I would like to load my database with an index of my mp3 songs. Hence, I'm writing a program that recusrses through my mp3 library and tries to grab the ID3 tags from those files.

I've installed the php5, php5-cli and pear modules from Debian. Now I want to use the id3_get_tag() function, which is in a id3 pecl archive. Downloading and building this archive, using "pecl i id3-0.2" gives the following output:

Code: Select all

/tmp/glibctestZmAkW8:1:22: error: features.h: No such file or directory
downloading id3-0.2.tgz ...
Starting to download id3-0.2.tgz (20,693 bytes)
........done: 20,693 bytes
4 source files, building
running: phpize
sh: phpize: command not found
ERROR: `phpize' failed
No matter where I look, I cannot find any phpize application, not on my machine, not on Debian's distribution website.

Can somebody please help me?

Thanks, Paul

lemoicavalier

Re: Cannot find phpize

#2 Post by lemoicavalier »

paul.vanharen wrote:I'm doing my first exercises with php5. I would like to load my database with an index of my mp3 songs. Hence, I'm writing a program that recusrses through my mp3 library and tries to grab the ID3 tags from those files.

I've installed the php5, php5-cli and pear modules from Debian. Now I want to use the id3_get_tag() function, which is in a id3 pecl archive. Downloading and building this archive, using "pecl i id3-0.2" gives the following output:

4 source files, building
No matter where I look, I cannot find any phpize application, not on my machine, not on Debian's distribution website.

Thanks, Paul
apt-get install php5-devel

Edit:
It may be php-devel only, not sure since it's version 5 (Not in front of my box at the moment)
Debian Sid, Kernel 2.6.23.8, KDE 3.5.8
I have conquered the holy mountain horizontally!
LeMoi, He whose planet is Venus.

#3 Post by Guest »

apt-get install php5-dev
will install it in /usr/bin/phpize

paul.vanharen

#4 Post by paul.vanharen »

Thanks for the support. This got me going....

wjblack

#5 Post by wjblack »

Yes. Quite helpful indeed. Thanks bunches!

Issyer

#6 Post by Issyer »

paul.vanharen wrote:I'm doing my first exercises with php5. I would like to load my database with an index of my mp3 songs. Hence, I'm writing a program that recusrses through my mp3 library and tries to grab the ID3 tags from those files.

4 source files, building

Thanks, Paul
AFAIK the best thing to do that is with MySQL. Create a table with the column of your MP3 and/or another one with id3 tags or whatever. Then call MySQL within PHP. Tutorial:
http://www.freewebmasterhelp.com/tutorials/phpmysql