Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[knetworkmanager] A little question about a bug

User discussion about Debian Development, Debian Project News and Announcements. Not for support questions.
Annagul

[knetworkmanager] A little question about a bug

#1 Post by Annagul »

Hi,

First of all, sorry for my english. If you see a "bug", please, fix me! :wink:

I installed network-manager-kde on etch, but I suffer the #427171 bug [1] (it hang querying kwallet during start up). I had read the bug report and I see it's fixed with 0.2 release from knetworkmanager devs. The bug is closed by this reason, it's ok.

My question is: what about etch? I know Debian stable version is "frozen" with the package versions it provides, and there's only bug fixes from repositories. Would I add testing repositories to source.list to install the 0.2 version? What do you think?

Thanks you.

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=427171

rickh

#2 Post by rickh »

Looks to me like you'd have to install the newer libc6 in order to do that upgrade. On Etch, that is a deal breaker.

If I were you, I'd just upgrade to Lenny, assuming this is a personal home-desktop type of system.
Debian-Lenny/Sid 32/64
Desktop: Generic Core 2 Duo, EVGA 680i, Nvidia
Laptop: Generic Intel SIS/AC97

Annagul

#3 Post by Annagul »

rickh wrote:Looks to me like you'd have to install the newer libc6 in order to do that upgrade. On Etch, that is a deal breaker.
Wow! I don't know it's was too hard :( So, the only workaround I found is kill the knetworkmanager process (it's what they said on the bug page)
rickh wrote:If I were you, I'd just upgrade to Lenny, assuming this is a personal home-desktop type of system.
Well, you are right, I use a home-desktop system now. But, although I used testing very years ago, I prefer install and use stable today on my laptop because this is the branch I install to my clients.

Thanks you for all.