Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Menu font size too small in Iceweasel, Pan, etc...

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
hkoster1

Menu font size too small in Iceweasel, Pan, etc...

#1 Post by hkoster1 »

I'm running a number of non-KDE applications, like Iceweasel en Pan, in windows for which the menu font size is too small for my taste. I haven't found a way yet to increase these font sizes.

Note that I'm not talking about font sizes in window contents; and neither about the font size in a window title bar. Adjusting those is easy enough. All I want is to also change the font sizes in the menu bars. KDE applications, like Konqueror or Kaffeine, don't have this problem...

Sashko

Re: Menu font size too small in Iceweasel, Pan, etc...

#2 Post by Sashko »

Easy way:

Code: Select all

apt-get install gtk2-engines-gtk-qt
Then go to KDE Control Center->"Appearance & Themes"->"GTK Styles and Fonts", and change font size.

hkoster1

Re: Menu font size too small in Iceweasel, Pan, etc...

#3 Post by hkoster1 »

Sashko wrote:Easy way:

Code: Select all

apt-get install gtk2-engines-gtk-qt
Then go to KDE Control Center->"Appearance & Themes"->"GTK Styles and Fonts", and change font size.
It's easy when you know how. :wink:
Thanks a lot!

edgaribsen

#4 Post by edgaribsen »

I tried that but it did nothing for me... Iceweasel fonts are still very small, even though other GTK applications have the correct fonts.

rickh

#5 Post by rickh »

Debian-Lenny/Sid 32/64
Desktop: Generic Core 2 Duo, EVGA 680i, Nvidia
Laptop: Generic Intel SIS/AC97

hkoster1

#6 Post by hkoster1 »

Whoa there... what fonts is he/are you talking about? My original question referred to the font sizes in the *menu bars* of non-KDE applications (like IceWeasel) under KDE, not those in the *bodies* of them. For example, I could easily enlarge the font of displayed material in IceWeasel, while the menu bars continued to have a tiny (8pt) font. Installation of gtk2-engines-gtk-qt, as indicated by Sashko, made it possible to also get a matching font size in the menu bars.

edgaribsen

#7 Post by edgaribsen »

I have gtk2-engines-gtk-qt installed, and while it (and its control panel) works for every other GTK application I have, only Iceweasel is being stubborn and not respecting the font settings in the GTK-QT control panel. It's companion Icedove works perfectly fine... but Iceweasel itself is ugly as sin at this point haha

garrincha

#8 Post by garrincha »

I don't know about your other applications, however for iceweasel (and other mozilla based browser) the fonts is most likely to be controlled first by files in your /home/user/.mozilla directory. You could try change the setting in the userChrome-example.css.

Pane and menu fonts:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Pane_and_menu_fonts
Maurice Green on Usain Bolt's 9.58: "The Earth stopped for a second, and he went to Mars."

edgaribsen

#9 Post by edgaribsen »

Ah... thank you! Works like a charm :) Except that there is no antialiasing but I suppose that cannot be helped. At least the fonts are decent size now :)