I saw rsyslog is now installed in Debian Lenny instead of syslog.
I want to send local iptables log to remote server. I modified the file config /etc/rsyslog.conf like this :
# provides UDP syslog reception
- I uncomment these red lines above.
- I added *.* @192.168.1.21 so that the local machine send iptables log to remote server.
The problem :
- the server does not receive the logs that local machine has send.
- I tried to ping local machine and remote server each other and that's OK
- iptables policies are ACCEPT
- I restarted rsyslog /etc/init.d/rsyslog/ restart
- I made this command for testing : logger -t test "message de test" on local machine.
- I type this command : tail -f /var/log/syslog on remote server and logs do not appear. I made the same command on local machine but logs appears.
Now, I am confused. I do not see the problem.
- should I update rsyslog like this : http://www.deimos.fr/blocnotesinfo/inde ... %27Rsyslog
Thanks for your help