can i extract the audio file from

If none of the more specific forums is the right place to ask

can i extract the audio file from

Postby freefixkorma » 2011-04-20 19:38

hi guys i like to know if can extract the audio track from a MP4 file sorry to ask is acc track how to extract it please

freefix :(
Last edited by freefixkorma on 2011-04-21 22:13, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
freefixkorma
 
Posts: 97
Joined: 2011-01-16 15:40

Re: can i extract the audio file from

Postby stevepusser » 2011-04-20 20:13

freefixkorma wrote:hi guys i like to know if can extract the audio track from a MP4 file sorry to ask

freefix :(


I use pacpl to extract and convert audio from video files with a few clicks. You will probably have to install some of the Recommended or
Suggested packages, and maybe the debian-multimedia ffmpeg, to convert to some formats. Search the forum here for pacpl for some other tricks.
stevepusser
 
Posts: 3513
Joined: 2009-10-06 05:53

Re: can i extract the audio file from

Postby pendrachken » 2011-04-21 03:34

Code: Select all
mplayer -dumpaudio -dumpfile myaudio.aac

Install mediainfo to poke into the MP4 file and see if it is something other than AAC, though it most likely will only be AAC
fortune -o
Your love life will be... interesting.
:twisted: How did it know?

The U.S. uses the metric system too, we have tenths, hundredths and thousandths of inches :-P
pendrachken
 
Posts: 1047
Joined: 2007-03-04 21:10
Location: U.S.A. - WI.

Re: can i extract the audio file from

Postby freefixkorma » 2011-04-21 22:03

hi there thanks for the reply is there a guide for dummies i will appreciate that thanks in advance

freefix :D



pendrachken wrote:
Code: Select all
mplayer -dumpaudio -dumpfile myaudio.aac

Install mediainfo to poke into the MP4 file and see if it is something other than AAC, though it most likely will only be AAC
User avatar
freefixkorma
 
Posts: 97
Joined: 2011-01-16 15:40

Re: can i extract the audio file from

Postby stevepusser » 2011-04-22 02:40

1. Do you want the audio in the same codec as it is in the video, or do you want to convert it to mp3 or something like that?

2. Do you want to use the command line, or stick to a GUI application?

Avidemux from the debian-multimedia.org repo can also take just the audio off a video, plus convert it to many formats. I use pacpl for the quickness and ease of use, though. Pacpl is in the main debian repository.
stevepusser
 
Posts: 3513
Joined: 2009-10-06 05:53

Re: can i extract the audio file from

Postby freefixkorma » 2011-04-22 17:11

thanks for reply i just wanna extract the audio from mp4 what i know is acc audio format there ,just wanna take the audio part to make a mp3 file will appreciate that guide and how to

best regards

freefix :D




stevepusser wrote:1. Do you want the audio in the same codec as it is in the video, or do you want to convert it to mp3 or something like that?

2. Do you want to use the command line, or stick to a GUI application?

Avidemux from the debian-multimedia.org repo can also take just the audio off a video, plus convert it to many formats. I use pacpl for the quickness and ease of use, though. Pacpl is in the main debian repository.
User avatar
freefixkorma
 
Posts: 97
Joined: 2011-01-16 15:40

Re: can i extract the audio file from

Postby stevepusser » 2011-04-22 17:55

Install pacpl and some of its recommended packages:

Code: Select all
aptitude install pacpl faad ffmpeg mplayer twolame flac flake sox sndfile-programs wavpack


For KDE 4 and I think for Gnome, you will now get an option when right-clicking an audio or video file (an Action menu) to "PACPL Convert".

The dialog boxes are simple from there on, choosing a codec, quality, and where to put the output file.
stevepusser
 
Posts: 3513
Joined: 2009-10-06 05:53

Re: can i extract the audio file from

Postby freefixkorma » 2011-04-22 23:08

thanks for reply i am running amd64 debian 6 squeeze hope this helps i have install pacp already how do i make this baby work
sorry my ignorance thanks :D
freefix





stevepusser wrote:Install pacpl and some of its recommended packages:

Code: Select all
aptitude install pacpl faad ffmpeg mplayer twolame flac flake sox sndfile-programs wavpack


For KDE 4 and I think for Gnome, you will now get an option when right-clicking an audio or video file (an Action menu) to "PACPL Convert".

The dialog boxes are simple from there on, choosing a codec, quality, and where to put the output file.
User avatar
freefixkorma
 
Posts: 97
Joined: 2011-01-16 15:40

Re: can i extract the audio file from

Postby stevepusser » 2011-04-23 01:00

What happens when you right-click an mp4 or mp3 file in the file manager? (which is called Nautilus). Do you get a pop-up context menu?
stevepusser
 
Posts: 3513
Joined: 2009-10-06 05:53

Re: can i extract the audio file from

Postby freefixkorma » 2011-04-23 05:48

thanks for the reply yes when i double click pops a window that said normal things not anything regarding any conversion just regular pop up for right click

best regards freefix :i got this image kmplayer hope it helps a little

([http://www.dumpyourphoto.com/photo/view/56983/61a][/img]
User avatar
freefixkorma
 
Posts: 97
Joined: 2011-01-16 15:40

Re: can i extract the audio file from

Postby stevepusser » 2011-04-23 06:49

freefixkorma wrote:thanks for the reply yes when i double click pops a window that said normal things not anything regarding any conversion just regular pop up for right click

best regards freefix :i got this image kmplayer hope it helps a little

([http://www.dumpyourphoto.com/photo/view/56983/61a][/img]

Hmmm--you are right, it just installs a KDE 4 servicemenu in

/usr/share/kde4/services/pacpl.desktop

not one for the gnome desktop. Some needs to write a Nautilus version of that...

Pacpl will run in a Kommander GUI if you install kommander, which will also install a lot of KDE 4 runtime libraries. Otherwise you'd have to learn the command line options for it.

t's getting late here, will think bout it more tomorrow. You may look at avidemux from the debian-multimedia.org repo.
stevepusser
 
Posts: 3513
Joined: 2009-10-06 05:53


Return to General Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests

fashionable