I have a similar kind of issue with keyboard.
It's a brand new clean install (wheezy 7.1)
Everything works fine initially.
In many places, .e.g the address bar in chrome/iceweasel, a text box in a web page (e.g. where I replied to this forum issue)
- I highlight a piece of text (in the middle of a larger string of text) and press the Delete key (not backspace)
- After that the keyboard appears not to work..typing does nothing
- Mouse is OK
- I can launch new applications, but clicking menus does not showsubmenus
- If I launch a text editor or a terminal...typing on keyboard has no effect
- Press <CTRL>-<ALT>-<DEL> and I get the shutdown dialog
- If I suspend and then resume...the problem has gone away.
It's quite annoying! It doesn't happen *every* time but it happens quite frequently so it's 75% reproducible.