Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Debian 11 - wrong calendar language

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
mikhairu

Debian 11 - wrong calendar language

#1 Post by mikhairu »

I installed Debian 11 Gnome. Everything is Ok, except for the language in the Calendar (at top middle of screen).
In Settings > Region and Language, Language is English and Formats is set to United States. However, my timezone is +07 (Bangkok, Thailand) and I suspect because of this my calendar uses Thai language.

How can I fix this so that English language is used?

mikhairu

Re: Debian 11 - wrong calendar language

#2 Post by mikhairu »

The "locale" command was showing properties whose values were either "en_US.UTF-8" or "th_TH.UTF-8". Updating /etc/default/locale file did not help.

I ended up reinstalling the system - during the installation I chose New York / US as my timezone location. After the install I updated my timezone to the actual location and things are working fine now.

mm3100

Re: Debian 11 - wrong calendar language

#3 Post by mm3100 »

I would suspect it is region setting that is causing those issues. Even if you pick english as language some parts might be localized according to region.