Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Unlock Login Keyring (Solved)

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
duffy

Unlock Login Keyring (Solved)

#1 Post by duffy »

I run Debian 9.1 with the LXDE and XFCE desktops. When I would startup Chromium, the message "Unlock Login Keyring" would popup in a box also saying: "Enter password to unlock your login keyring. The login keyring did not get unlocked when you logged into your computer."

Entering my logon passwork would unlock the keyring, and I could continue with Chromium.

I did a search of the forum for +login+keyring and found 15 pages of material. This issue has been around for at least 10 years. For a solution, see the following:
http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php? ... 27#p114753

Additional information can be found here:
http://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/GnomeKeyring/Pam

Several different actions may cause the condition to arise: changing a password, installing certain packages, or modifying a configuration file. That is why I thought there was a need to repeat the topic. [If the moderators feel this is out of place and would be better in the Howto, Tips & Tricks category, please move it.]

IagoGV

Re: Unlock Login Keyring (Solved)

#2 Post by IagoGV »

I have the same problem but cannot get it solved. I had the issue with Debian 9 and I had with Debian 11, always using XFCE and lighdm as desktop and display managers respectively. When I login in Chromium browsers as Brave or Vivaldi, I get the popup window you mention and I also got it using Element desktop app. Following instructions in the first of the links, I modified the file /etc/pam.d/lightdm, but it had no effect on this issue.

sunrat
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Post by sunrat »

@IagoGV This thread is 4 years old and marked solved. If the same solution does not help you please start a new thread as it is likely a different issue.
“ computer users can be divided into 2 categories:
Those who have lost data
...and those who have not lost data YET ”
Remember to BACKUP!

IagoGV

#4 Post by IagoGV »

sunrat wrote: 2021-09-23 09:04 @IagoGV This thread is 4 years old and marked solved. If the same solution does not help you please start a new thread as it is likely a different issue.
I'll do it.

Thanks!