Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Can I reset the APT '--allow-releaseinfo-change' option?

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
luvr

Can I reset the APT '--allow-releaseinfo-change' option?

#1 Post by luvr »

I’m experimenting with my own local software repository for Debian and Ubuntu. I regenerated the contents of the ‘dists’ directory of the repository and got the following error when I attempted to run “apt-get update”:

Code: Select all

E: Repository 'file:/opt/repositories/linuxluvr bionic InRelease' changed its 'Suite' value from 'bionic' to 'bionic-luvr'
To overcome this error, I reran the update command with the “--allow-releaseinfo-change” option, which turned the error into a simple note and allowed the update to successfully complete.

However, whenever I subsequently make further changes to the release info of my repository, without the “--allow-releaseinfo-change” option, the changes get accepted and simply produce a note, instead of an error.

Is there any way that I can get the “apt-get update” to handle such release info changes as errors again—at least until I specify the “--allow-releaseinfo-change” option once more?