Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

updatedb not updating nfs (I am stupid?) [Solved]

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
MattiP

updatedb not updating nfs (I am stupid?) [Solved]

#1 Post by MattiP »

/etc/updatedb.conf

Code: Select all

PRUNE_BIND_MOUNTS="no"
# PRUNENAMES=".git .bzr .hg .svn"
PRUNEPATHS="/tmp /var/spool /media /var/lib/os-prober /var/lib/ceph"
PRUNEFS="afs autofs binfmt_misc ceph cgroup cgroup2 cifs coda configfs curlftpfs debugfs devfs devpts devtmpfs ecryptfs ftpfs fuse.ceph fuse.glusterfs fuse.gvfsd-fuse fuse.mfs fuse.rclone fuse.rozofs fuse.sshfs fusectl fusesmb hugetlbfs iso9660 lustre lustre_lite mfs mqueue ncpfs nfs nfs4 ocfs ocfs2 proc pstore rpc_pipefs securityfs shfs smbfs sysfs tmpfs tracefs udev udf usbfs"
I've changed bind mounts to no and removed NFS from prunefs, but updatedb still don't adds the mounted nfs directories. Can you spot an error?
Last edited by MattiP on 2021-12-02 11:24, edited 1 time in total.

reinob

Re: updatedb not updating nfs (or am I stupid?)

#2 Post by reinob »

I see "nfs" and "nfs4" still there.
Did you mean to post your modified updatedb.conf, or the original?
If your nfs mount, by any chance, mounted in/under any of the directories listed in PRUNEPATHS?

MattiP

Re: updatedb not updating nfs (or am I stupid?)

#3 Post by MattiP »

<sigh> Thanks. I removed the NFS in the beginning of PRUNEFS but didn't see the two later ones.