Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Problems with sensor widgets after updating to bookworm

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
tomcass

Problems with sensor widgets after updating to bookworm

#1 Post by tomcass »

Hey everyone,

Like the title says, I have upgraded to bookworm and I'm am noticing a few bugs. One of them is that my thermal monitor widget is refusing to display my CPU temperature and not getting information from lm-sensors. It actually seems similar to this problem here: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=267053

While trying to solve the problem I realised I no longer have ksysguard installed anymore and apt is saying ksystemstats replaces it, and I'm wondering if this could be part of the problem.

If anyone knows what I can do to try and fix this I'd really appreciate the help.

clementishutin

Re: Problems with sensor widgets after updating to bookworm

#2 Post by clementishutin »

You must first install ksystemstats, after which you must reassign sensors widget by widget. The same thing happened to me.

tomcass

#3 Post by tomcass »

clementishutin wrote: 2022-01-04 13:26 You must first install ksystemstats, after which you must reassign sensors widget by widget. The same thing happened to me.
Ah sorry I didn't see this reply sooner. Luckily I made a backup of my system before I updated to Debian 11 and thank God I did because that update messed everything up, not just the widgets.

I am just going to stay with Debian 10 until they stop patching it then will probably switch to something with a more active community like Arch.

ticojohn

#4 Post by ticojohn »

tomcass wrote: 2022-02-03 23:20
clementishutin wrote: 2022-01-04 13:26 You must first install ksystemstats, after which you must reassign sensors widget by widget. The same thing happened to me.
Ah sorry I didn't see this reply sooner. Luckily I made a backup of my system before I updated to Debian 11 and thank God I did because that update messed everything up, not just the widgets.

I am just going to stay with Debian 10 until they stop patching it then will probably switch to something with a more active community like Arch.
In the original post you state that you updated to bookworm. Bookworm is NOT Debian 11, it is testing. Problems can be expected with testing. Not sure what you mean by "until they stop patching Debian 10". At this point the only updates to Debian 10 will be security updates. And Debian 11, Bullseye, is the new stable release and there are not likely to be any major updates other than as related to security. I'm not sure but I think I sense some confusion (maybe it's me, LOL). But if you feel the need to switch distros, then by all means do what is best for you. I personally like the stability of Debian. 13 years and trouble free.
I am not irrational, I'm just quantum probabilistic.