Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

systemd[1]: Condition check resulted in Forward Password Requests to Plymouth being skipped. RESOLVED

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
linuxha

systemd[1]: Condition check resulted in Forward Password Requests to Plymouth being skipped. RESOLVED

#1 Post by linuxha »

Happy New Year folks. I've resolved this but thought I'd share as it was a pain. Short story is that systemd was waiting for the ssl password (I have a password on my ssl cert). I don't want to generate a new one so I need to enter the password. But found the solution to that here:

https://serverfault.com/questions/71043 ... e2-restart

The SSLPassPhraseDialog goes in the /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/ssl.conf.

Long story:

Running Bullseye on an x86_64. I initially installed Buster but upgraded to Bullseye. It was all running pretty well until I reboot. Then I noticed the system became slow to respond. When I was finally able to login on the console I found syslog filled (root was at 100%) with:

Jan 1 12:01:39 diane systemd[1]: Condition check resulted in Forward Password Requests to Plymouth being skipped.

I did a ps ax | grep -v \] and I see:

Code: Select all

649 ?        S      0:00 /usr/lib/cups/notifier/dbus dbus://
    650 ?        Ssl    0:00 /usr/sbin/cups-browsed
    651 ?        S      0:00 /bin/systemd-ask-password --timeout=0 Enter passphrase for SSL/TLS keys for diane.uucp:443 (RSA):

Making an estimated guess that systemd-ask-password is related to cups-browsed ( yours might be apache). I then ran systemctl stop cups-browsed and it asked for the SSL password. I entered it then systemd stopped running at 100%. After that I cleaned up apache (see above) to have it enter the password when it starts up.

Remember you may also need to clean up the file system if it's filled (df -h should help).