Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[SOLVED] boot stops after entering password

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
kiwigi

[SOLVED] boot stops after entering password

#1 Post by kiwigi »

Hi All
Unfortunately after having the OS and all programs installed and very much liking the system it stops now after entering the login password. Frozen with the login screen.
Not sure if it has something to do with me using Clonezilla(from a live USB) to backup the Raspberrypi-Buster SD card. Since then the issue presented itself.
I have copied the boot.cfg with help of Gnome Disks to copy to my other(dual boot)OS.
Would someone be able to help to get me out of this hole? Thanks

Update:
After searching widely I came across a user on the Mint Forum stating he could not login due to home running out of space.This triggered my brain. During my above mentioned backup I remember the Clonezilla complaining about not enough space.
So I logged in to my Q4OS(dual boot) and checked with KDE PM the partitions on the second OS, bingo. I had run out of space in /home. So I increased the partition, rebooted and logged in Debian. All back to normal. :oops:
Another note:
I would consider the small drama I had resulted from a weak point of Clonezilla. Usually a software pre-calculates the space requirement and gives you the chance to stop and not filling to the brim and then state the error. Apart from that I like Clonezilla. Would the OS(Debian) maybe have something to stop such error, to avoid being locked out?
Last edited by kiwigi on 2022-01-04 17:46, edited 1 time in total.