Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

transmission-daemon web interface unaccessable

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
ambipur

transmission-daemon web interface unaccessable

#1 Post by ambipur »

Hello Debian users,

upgrading from debian buster to bullseye induced transmission-daemon to be upgraded from 2.94 to 3.00 . After starting transmission-deamon, within 12 hours the web intarface becomes unavailable with the following message:
403: Forbidden
Too many unsuccessful login attempts. Please restart transmission-daemon.
After restarting related systemd unit, everything is OK for a few hours. Surely I am not under attack and otherwise examining the output of
systemctl status transmission-daemon
seems to be operate normally even when the web interface is not available any more. Of course, transmission-daemon 2.94 did not have this issue. If someone here has experienced similar phenomenon, could support me to avoid this? Thank's in advance!

ambipur

Re: transmission-daemon web interface unaccessable

#2 Post by ambipur »

Hello again Debian users,

meanwhile I have discovered that it was my fault, sorry! I had a perl script triggered by cron every minute. The perl script tried to login to transmission's RPC interface and grab some network statistic data into an rrdtool database. I did not touch that script for a while and it was not working. Perhaps the faulty login attempts have triggered transmissions's new protection on the RPC interface. There is a 100 limit for faulty login attempts by version 3.0. I have disabled this perl script and the web interface is accessible for a few days, so I am sure that I have catched the problem.