Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

bluetooth device randomly reconnects

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
bacalhau

bluetooth device randomly reconnects

#1 Post by bacalhau »

hi,

I have the problem that my bluetooth headphones randomly disconnect from my thinkpad T14 AMD running debian 11 kernel 5.14. The audio is switched to the internal speakers and after about 3 seconds connects back to the bluetooth headphones. Has anyone encountered this issue or has a possible solution? Thanks a lot in advance!

Cheers,
bacalhau

canci
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: bluetooth device randomly reconnects

#2 Post by canci »

Whenever I had this issue, I was usually missing some driver or the drivers were too old. Is that the latest T14 laptop? What Bluetooth adapter does it have? Maybe the headphones are too new for Debian's kernel. We'd need more info.
Image Stable / Asus VivoBook X421DA / AMD Ryzen 7 3700U / Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx (Picasso) / 8 GB RAM / 512GB NVMe

READ THIS:

* How to Post a Thread Here
* Other Tips and Great Resources

bacalhau

Re: bluetooth device randomly reconnects

#3 Post by bacalhau »

hi, thanks for the quick reply. It is last years T14 with the ryzen 4750u. The Bluetooth/WiFi adapter is the intel AX200. The headphones are about 2 years old (sony wh1000-xm3).