Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[SOLVED] Annoying Continous Page Scrolling in Firefox

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
canci
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

[SOLVED] Annoying Continous Page Scrolling in Firefox

#1 Post by canci »

In Firefox, whenever I would scroll with my laptop's touchpad, it would continue scrolling the page when I let go of the touchpad. This was super annoying and for the longest time, I thought it was some setting in libinput or even GTK. But it turns out it's one of the gazillion hidden settings in Firefox. Luckily, Mozilla will still let you disable it. Go to about:config and change

Code: Select all

apz.gtk.kinetic_scroll.enabled true
to

Code: Select all

apz.gtk.kinetic_scroll.enabled false
Just wanted to leave this here in case anyone else is annoyed by this as much as I was. :lol:
Image Stable / Asus VivoBook X421DA / AMD Ryzen 7 3700U / Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx (Picasso) / 8 GB RAM / 512GB NVMe

READ THIS:

* How to Post a Thread Here
* Other Tips and Great Resources

CwF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [SOLVED] Annoying Continous Page Scrolling in Firefox

#2 Post by CwF »

If it's like other 'kinetic' action then while it continues scrolling, tough the middle of the screen to stop it.

canci
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [SOLVED] Annoying Continous Page Scrolling in Firefox

#3 Post by canci »

Thanks. Yes, I've noticed that it stops if I keep my fingers still on the touchpad, but honestly, when I'm reading a text, I don't want to either constantly keep my hand in an awkward position on the touchpad or suddenly make this Vulkan Death Grip like motion just to stop it from scrolling. I have no need for kinetic scrolling, so disabling it works better for me and my finger joints :lol:
Image Stable / Asus VivoBook X421DA / AMD Ryzen 7 3700U / Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx (Picasso) / 8 GB RAM / 512GB NVMe

READ THIS:

* How to Post a Thread Here
* Other Tips and Great Resources