Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
sd_read

mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting

#1 Post by sd_read »

I have been running a Debian server for many years and I don't keep it updated regularly. So, I finally did update it and now my nfs shares do not work.

The main problem is Voumio no longer mounts either nfs or samba even though it worked before the update of my Debian server. And so I booted my desktop into Linux Mint which also worked before but longer connects using nfs.

But, my Windows 10 computer continues to connect to the Debian server using Samba. In other words it was not affected by updating the Debian server.

So I discovered my fstab files on my Linux Mint client don't even understand my fstab anymore. For example, the most important directory I want exported right now is:

Code: Select all

192.168.0.6:/mnt/bigdiskc/CD_flac /mnt/cd_flac nfs   rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,intr 0 0
So, I have googled for examples and spent hours of mounts and nothing works. The most common error is:

steve@steve-HP-Z420-Workstation ~ $ sudo mount -t nfs 192.168.0.6:/mnt/cd_flac /mnt/cd_flac
mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting 192.168.0.6:/mnt/cd_flac

sd_read

Re: mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting

#2 Post by sd_read »

Sorry, I posted too soon...

I am out of ideas but I am very sure this happened because I updated my Debian server. And with the time I have spent I will think very carefully before I ever update this thing again.

But right now I just want to get it working again and would appreciate any help.

The present version of my Debian server is:

root@S2:/etc# lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:	Debian
Description:	Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
Release:	10
Codename:	buster

sd_read

#3 Post by sd_read »

UPDATE
I have followed this website: https://linuxconfig.org/how-to-set-up-a ... -10-buster

when I try to mount a drive I still get:

mount.nfs4: access denied by server while mounting 192.168.0.6:/mnt/bigdiskc/CD_flac

sd_read

#4 Post by sd_read »

SOLVED

I finally found it was a firewall issue. It was working so I guess the update closed off all ports.

I installed ufw and was able to open what I needed to get it working.

SOLVED