Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Waking a pc

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
NewToLinux

Waking a pc

#1 Post by NewToLinux »

A desktop PC is running Debian 11. Recently the sleep/Standby key on the USB keyboard was accidentally touched.
This put the PC into sleep/standby mode. The power switch was then momentarily pressed, causing the PC to come back to life.

Is there any key or combination of keys that can be pressed on the keyboard to bring the PC out of sleep/standby mode
instead of using the power switch ?

Shamak

Re: Waking a pc

#2 Post by Shamak »

Wake from usb keyboard and mouse does not work for my computer out of the box. I use post #7 at the link at the bottom of this post. I think you can ignore the instruction about /etc/rc.local as I don't have that file on my installation. You can make two files if you want. One for keyboard and one for mouse. Apologies if you already know this but I advise using a different editor than gedit as it's apparently a security risk when run as root. I use nano. Also I don't understand any of what is done in the thread so read the thread and decide for yourself if you want to do it.

https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1968487