Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Solved]How to disable idle logout for user(kde plasma)

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
tardcircus

[Solved]How to disable idle logout for user(kde plasma)

#1 Post by tardcircus »

so i just switched my deb based OS from mate to KDE Plasma. adjusted all the power management settings from the GUI the way i prefer ( no auto power off, hibernate or suspend while on AC Power). However after leaving idle for a little while it promps me to input my password. This shouldnt be the case.
i just ran sudo systemctl mask sleep.target suspend.target hibernate.target hybrid-sleep.target. hopefully that does the trick. but im not sure what the cause of this issue is or what the exact process is thats causing this. could someone help me to understand the root cause of the problem to begin with.
UPDATE: The command i found didnt work. im still being logged out on idle!
Last edited by tardcircus on 2022-05-29 17:56, edited 2 times in total.

NFT5
df -h | grep > 20TiB
df -h | grep > 20TiB

Re: How to disable idle logout for user(kde plasma)

#2 Post by NFT5 »

Settings > System Settings > Workspace Behaviour > Screen Locking > Uncheck "Lock Screen Automatically"

When I switched from MATE to Plasma this had me stumped, temporarily, too. The fact that I'd be ashamed to ask a question like this here forced me to search Google and find the answer within a few seconds.

tardcircus

#3 Post by tardcircus »

NFT5 wrote: 2022-05-29 06:00 Settings > System Settings > Workspace Behaviour > Screen Locking > Uncheck "Lock Screen Automatically"

When I switched from MATE to Plasma this had me stumped, temporarily, too. The fact that I'd be ashamed to ask a question like this here forced me to search Google and find the answer within a few seconds.
damn i dont know how i missed that! Thank you very much.
i googled the crap out of it for about an hour or so, but never came across this! I was looking for something more complex and in the command line so likely i just overlooked the simple answer. I dont mind asking silly questions. sometimes the answer is right in front of your face and your using binoculars to find the answer. just needed someone to point at it. bahahha

sunrat
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Post by sunrat »

tardcircus wrote: 2022-05-29 18:01
NFT5 wrote: 2022-05-29 06:00 Settings > System Settings > Workspace Behaviour > Screen Locking > Uncheck "Lock Screen Automatically"

damn i dont know how i missed that! Thank you very much.
I couldn't find it when I first read your question either and I've been using KDE for over 16 years. :o :oops: I have it unchecked too so must have been there before.
After reading NFT5's answer I checked and it came up instantly with System Settings search function using the term "lock". :mrgreen:
“ computer users can be divided into 2 categories:
Those who have lost data
...and those who have not lost data YET ”
Remember to BACKUP!