Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Install Debain in a Luks container

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
PsySc0rpi0n

Install Debain in a Luks container

#1 Post by PsySc0rpi0n »

Hello.

I'm trying to install a Debian ISO image into a Luks container that I already created with the following commands:

Creating the encryption key

Code: Select all

dd if=/dev/urandom bs=512 count=8 iflag=fullblock | gpg2 -v --cipher-algo aes256 --digest-algo sha512 -c -a > vault.key
Creating the container

dd if=/dev/zero bs=1 count=0 seek=30G of=vault.ctn
Formatting and encrypting the container

gpg2 --decrypt vault.key 2>/dev/null | sudo cryptsetup -v --key-file=- -c aes-xts-plain64 -s 512 -h sha512 luksFormat vault.ctn
Now, I need to use an ISO debian image, which I already download, to install debian in this container.

I tried this example from qemu manpages, but at some point, the installation says it can't find any disks and asks me the drivers for the disk and I don't know if this is supposed to happen and what then to choose in the installation window or if I'm already going wrong with the command:

qemu-system-x86_64 -machine accel=kvm:tcg -m 8192 -blockdev driver=raw,node-name=disk,file.driver=file,file.filename=vault.ctn -boot d -cdrom ~/Storage/Software/Linux/LinuxIMGsPool/debian-11.1.0-amd64-netinst.iso
Any help, is appreciated.
Thanks
Psy

PsySc0rpi0n

Re: Install Debain in a Luks container

#2 Post by PsySc0rpi0n »

I think I figured it out. If all goes well until the end, I'll type the commands I used here!