Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

OpenStack Dashboard admin password?

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
pquiring

OpenStack Dashboard admin password?

#1 Post by pquiring »

I'm trying to install OpenStack Dashboard (horizon) on Debian 11 but can't login.

The Debian package config scripts help setup keystone and horizon but the admin password that I found at /var/lib/openstack-dashboard/secret-key/.secret_key_store does not work.
Tried to reset the password but everything I could find with Google does not work.
"keystone" tool no longer exists.
"openstack user password set" command doesn't work (it says missing auth-url, which I tried to supply with OS_AUTH_URL env but still no good).

I can see the password in the database but it's a hash. Is there anyway to replace this hash? Tried to copy the password hash from /etc/shadow but that didn't work. Different algorithm.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

pquiring

Re: OpenStack Dashboard admin password?

#2 Post by pquiring »

Made some progress, had to edit /etc/openstack-dashboard/local_settings.py and change the following line:

OPENSTACK_KEYSTONE_URL = "http://%s:5000/" % OPENSTACK_HOST

If you open that URL in a browser you should get some JSON data returned.