Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Problem with Zabbix Frontend on Bullseye

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
LeeE

Problem with Zabbix Frontend on Bullseye

#1 Post by LeeE »

After upgrading the system running my Zabbiz server from Buster to Bullseye I found that the Zabbix frontend web interface didn't seem to be working correctly. The web interface opened with the dashboard but it seemed to be essentially empty and none of the stuff relating to my network that I'd normally see on the dashboard was present.

I also found that I couldn't select any of the other options from the main block on the web interface sidebar, such as 'Monitoring' or 'Configure' - the url diplayed on the status bar of my web browser flickered as I moved my mouse over the other sidebar links but didn't actually change from the dashboard link. I was however, able to select the options below the main sidebar block, such as Logout.

Neither the Zabbix-server nor the Zabbix-agent reported any problems in their logs and both seemed to think that they were working ok.

As a result I decided to revert the entire Zabbix-server host system back to Buster and to try a new/fresh install of Zabbix-server & Zabbix-frontend on a test system, to see if that revealed anything.

When I connected to the newly installed Zabbix-server & frontend on the test system I got the “Wecome to Zabbix” set-up page ok, was able to select the Default Language and click on the “Next step” button, and was presented with the “Check of pre-requisites” page, which all appeared to be ok, including postgres for “PHP databases support”.

Clicking the “Next step” button took me to the “Configure DB connection” page but there was no “Database type” selection box/field displayed alongside, not even a blank box outline. Clicking the “Back” button took me back to the “Check of pre-requisites” which still indicated that postgres support for Php was available. Clicking the “Next step” button took me back to the “Configure DB connection” page but there was still no “Database type” selection box/field.

I next tried installing sqlite support for Php and then when I went back to my web browser and got to the “Check of pre-requisites” web page I could see that “PHP databases support” now included both postgres and sqlite. However, when I moved on to the “Configure DB connection” page there was still no “Database type” selection box/field to enable to to select the database type.

Manually creating the config file created by this web-based process just left me with the same dashboard and the inability to select any of the main sidebar options I got with the upgrade.

When I upgraded the existing installation, postgres was upgraded from 11 (Buster) to 13 (Bulleye) at the same time as Zabbix server, agent & frontend. When I tried the new/fresh install of Zabbix server & frontend on the test system postgres had already been upgraded from 11 to 13 and was working ok. In both cases the web-server is Apache2, which appears to be working ok.

From the lack of any errors or warnings in the Zabbix-server logs it seems that Zabbix-server is happy with the postgres 13 installation and that the problem is with php database support, even though the “Check of pre-requisites” web page indicates that php DB support for both postgres and sqlite is present.

I’ve had a good look all the configs that seem to be relevant and haven’t been able to spot anything to give me a lead on this, and neither have I been able to find any other reported occurrences of this specific problem, which suggests to me that there’s something in particular about the way that my systems are configured that is causing the problem but I’m now at a bit of a loss as to where to look next.
...or something

LeeE

Re: Problem with Zabbix Frontend on Bullseye (Solved)

#2 Post by LeeE »

This problem appears to be due to the Palemoon browser I was using not being able to render the pages correctly. Firefox ESR & Chromium render the Bullseye Zabbix Frontend OK.
...or something

dilberts_left_nut
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Problem with Zabbix Frontend on Bullseye

#3 Post by dilberts_left_nut »

;)

I've run in similar circles (with other issues) before trying a different browser.
That's now my 'step 1' when troubleshooting ...
AdrianTM wrote:There's no hacker in my grandma...