Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

disable-wifi-power-management1.service: Failed to locate executable /usr/bin/iw

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
andy55

disable-wifi-power-management1.service: Failed to locate executable /usr/bin/iw

#1 Post by andy55 »

I found the following messages in my logs (Bullseye):

Code: Select all

Jul 03 07:09:22 mysystem systemd[1]: Started Disable WiFi Power Management.
Jul 03 07:09:22 mysystem systemd[4811]: disable-wifi-power-management1.service: Failed to locate executable /usr/bin/iw: No such file or directory
Jul 03 07:09:22 mysystem systemd[4811]: disable-wifi-power-management1.service: Failed at step EXEC spawning /usr/bin/iw: No such file or directory
Jul 03 07:09:22 mysystem systemd[1]: disable-wifi-power-management1.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=203/EXEC
Jul 03 07:09:22 mysystem systemd[1]: disable-wifi-power-management1.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
I couldn't find any package with this
/usr/bin/iw
executable. Can anybody tell me what is the replacement and how to reconfigure the
disable-wifi-power-management1.service
to use it ?

Aki
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: disable-wifi-power-management1.service: Failed to locate executable /usr/bin/iw

#2 Post by Aki »

Hello,
Check if the iw package is installed (https://packages.debian.org/bullseye/iw)
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Debian - The universal operating system
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org
⠈⠳⣄⠀

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: disable-wifi-power-management1.service: Failed to locate executable /usr/bin/iw

#3 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

andy55 wrote: 2022-07-03 06:34Can anybody tell me what is the replacement and how to reconfigure the
disable-wifi-power-management1.service
to use it ?
Can you not remember from where you obtained that file or where it was placed? :?

Anyway that unit file looks to have been copied from another distribution because Debian places the executable under /sbin/iw.

Monkey patch the little bastard:

Code: Select all

find {/lib,/etc}/systemd/system -name 'disable-wifi-power-management1.service' -exec sed -i 's|/usr/bin/iw|/sbin/iw|g' {} \;
deadbang

andy55

#4 Post by andy55 »

I think I created it by myself.