Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Libreoffice from backports, a problem with Impress

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
Pt_12

Libreoffice from backports, a problem with Impress

#1 Post by Pt_12 »

Hello everybody.
Wanted to install Debian 11 (KDE) but tried its live image first. I use Libreoffice heavily, so I would like to have the latest version. Therefore, I installed Libreoffice 7.3.4.2 from backports to replace 7.0.4.2 and noticed a problem: the animated transition between slides stopped working in Impress.
A new slide appears without any animation.
Although there are object animations within one slide.
In 7.0.4.2 it was fine.
I installed LO also from the .deb package, the result is the same.
Also tried various "live" distributions with LO 7.3. They do not have such a problem.
What could be the problem for Debian?

canci
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Libreoffice from backports, a problem with Impress

#2 Post by canci »

It could be that the new version of LibreOffice in backports has a Debian specific bug with one of its dependencies. The transitions are probably handled by some OpenGL package or similar.

What you could do is run LibreOffice from the command line and then try to use a transition. Then look at the console if there are specific errors. I've searched on startpage and there are mentions of similar bugs, however with different versions.
Image Stable / Asus VivoBook X421DA / AMD Ryzen 7 3700U / Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx (Picasso) / 8 GB RAM / 512GB NVMe

READ THIS:

* How to Post a Thread Here
* Other Tips and Great Resources

Pt_12

Re: Libreoffice from backports, a problem with Impress

#3 Post by Pt_12 »

Code: Select all

user@debian:~$ libreoffice --impress 
libpng error: Read Error 
qt.qpa.xcb: QXcbConnection: XCB error: 3 (BadWindow), sequen
ce: 655, resource id: 25179391, major code: 40 (TranslateCoo
rds), minor code: 0