Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

"Backups" AKA Deja-Dup manifest misread

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
JeSuisFlaneur

"Backups" AKA Deja-Dup manifest misread

#1 Post by JeSuisFlaneur »

Deja-Dup (also called 'Backups') fails with this message:

Fatal Error: Remote manifest does not match local one. Either the remote backup set or the local archive directory has been corrupted.

Do I purge and re-install Deja-Dup or is it a bigger problem?

jmgibson1981

Re: "Backups" AKA Deja-Dup manifest misread

#2 Post by jmgibson1981 »

It has 2 parts. One is the backup on the server or external drive... whatever. THe other part is a database type of thing with the contents. I believe you can remove the database without losing the backup. It would have to otherwise you'd have to have deja-dup do the the backup and then backup the db file separately. How to recreate that db file though I'm not sure.

I don't think purging and reinstalling will help as the problem is likely in your /home/"$USER" folder and wouldn't be touched in this process.

*EDIT* Deja-Dup is just a front end for Duplicity. You may be able to find what you need in the Duplicity man pages.

JeSuisFlaneur

#3 Post by JeSuisFlaneur »

Are you suggesting I delete the "manifest" file on the external HDD and re-run the deja-dup?

Segfault

#4 Post by Segfault »

I'd investigate what is corrupted and why before doing anything else. Perhaps one of drives is developing bad sectors.

JeSuisFlaneur

#5 Post by JeSuisFlaneur »

GSMartControl reports NO errors. Next?

Segfault

#6 Post by Segfault »

You have to run test first, then look at results. If test does not finish successfully then you know there is an issue. Run the test.

Code: Select all

smartctl -t long /dev/sdX
Also, running fsck on all filesystems won't hurt. But don't let it repair anything, run it just to get info.

jmgibson1981

#7 Post by jmgibson1981 »

No no thte manifest. THere is a file in /home/"$USER"/.local or /home/"$USER"/.config. That is what is likely corrupted it sounds to me.