Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Firefox ESR DPI Scaling

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
SubZero

Firefox ESR DPI Scaling

#1 Post by SubZero »

Firefox ESP (v.102.3) does not appear to scale with DPI settings in Debian 11. All other programs scale well, but Firefox has issues. Menu, settings and tabs do scale, but all of the web content appears to run at the native resolution. I've tried compensating by adjusting font size in the Firefox, but that breaks most sites visual appearances and text gets truncated or cut off. Any way to make Firefox adapt OS configured DPI scaling?

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: Firefox ESR DPI Scaling

#2 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

Does layout.css.devPixelsPerPx in about:config do what you want?

See also https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/HiDPI#Firefox
deadbang

SubZero

Re: Firefox ESR DPI Scaling

#3 Post by SubZero »

Current value of layout.css.devPixelsPerPx is set to "-1.0". What should I change it to? They don't seem to mention this in the article.
I've tried adding ui.textScaleFactor with value of "150" and saw no change.

EDIT: I've payed around with different values for layout.css.devPixelsPerPx and still have issues with scaling. Also tried implementing the userChrome.css with no luck.