Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Forum Timeout

Code of conduct, suggestions, and information on forums.debian.net.
KitchM

Forum Timeout

#1 Post by KitchM »

Does anyone know how to fix the annoying timeout setting of the forum? More times than I wish to count, I will be in a new post or a reply and when I select to post it, a new pages comes up asking me to log in again. At that point everything is lost.

There is no countdown or any indication of how to keep it from logging me off, and is a real pain. This is the only forum I know of that does this.

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: Forum Timeout

#2 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

Never happens to me, I can leave the tab open for literally hours and I'll still be logged in. Can't say the same for the Arch forums though, they log me out quite quickly if I'm not active.
deadbang

KitchM

#3 Post by KitchM »

Stupid, stupid, stupid. I am terribly sorry but I already had a post about this. My bad for sure. I can't believe I missed that.

Now I wish there is a way to transfer these posts to there.

I'll try not to do that again.

Head_on_a_Stick

#4 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

KitchM wrote:Now I wish there is a way to transfer these posts to there.
You could use the report button and see if any of the moderators can be bothered merging the threads, be sure to provide a link to the other thread though.

I do actually have the power to merge threads myself but it feels like an abuse if it's not for spam purposes, I hope you understand. EDIT: no, wait, I can only split threads.
deadbang

RU55EL

#5 Post by RU55EL »

KitchM wrote:Does anyone know how to fix the annoying timeout setting of the forum? More times than I wish to count, I will be in a new post or a reply and when I select to post it, a new pages comes up asking me to log in again. At that point everything is lost.
If I am writing a quick response, I just click the reply button and begin typing. If I am composing a longer reply, I compose it in a word processor then cut and paste it when I am done. I've also lost message replies I'm working on when the Debian forum logged me out.

KitchM

#6 Post by KitchM »

Thanks, Head.... Don't worry; I should just close this.

RUSSEL, yep, that is what I'm beginning to do. Thanks.

KitchM

#7 Post by KitchM »